Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - New Little Sluice Poll
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 03:20 PM   #206 (permalink)
randii

Member # 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagman View Post
On a random weekend on June there is a 113 rigs on the trail?
All I can say is that on THAT random weekend, 113 rigs drove past Ellis Creek between Friday and sunday evenings -- we haven't been able to count for Tahoe yet, unless the pass by Ellis. Different weekends have different counts (though we try to track for that, too, so that we can consider the data WITH big events and without big events) -- the weekend of WTFW shows a significant spike in Sluice/Spider traffic, and the weekend of Rubithon shows a significant spike in users going to the Springs or all the way out to Tahoe. I haven't laid eyes on the Jamboree counts, but I expect they will show a lot of staff traffic in both ways to Rubicon Springs and a majority of traffic moving east-to-west over the entire trail.

Our methodology is to count vehicles/destinations only once per trip (based on self-report). If a user reports that he's on a day trip, and he passes Ellis on the way in and out, we count him once (if he answers that this is his first survey of the trip, and we get the rest of his answers -- if he answers that he has already surveyed on this trip, then we thank him and wave him on).

Randiin
randii is offline   Reply With Quote