Pirate 4x4 banner

Harbor Freight 1.75" Tubing Roller Die Set

103K views 133 replies 42 participants last post by  mj 
#1 ·
UPDATE 10/13/10

Swag Off Road is now selling the following die sizes listed below to compliment the advertised 1.75" die set. With these additional dies you will now have at your finger tips.

0.625" Round
0.75" Round
1.00" Upgraded Drive Roller Only
1.125" Round
1.25" Round
1.375"Round
1.50" Upgraded Drive Roller Only
1.625" Round
1.75" Round
2.00" Round HF
0.75" Square
1.00" Square
1.50" Square
2.00" Square
Universal Flat Bar Edge Roller
.50" Pipe Die
.75" Pipe Die
1.00" Pipe Die
1.25" Pipe Die
1.50" Pipe Die

These dies are CNC machined out of bar stock 1018 steel for precise fit.

Each die set Includes 1 Drive Roller, 2 Driven Rollers, 1 Replacement Drive Axle made out of 4130 chromoly & 8 Set Screws.

Each drive roller has 8 set screws for increased durability not 3 like the HF rollers.

A new replacement drive axle is included and has 8 machined flats for the drive roller and 4 machined flats for the crank wheel.

Take a look at the Youtube video at SWAG Off Road Harbor Freight Tubing Roller 1.75" Dies - YouTube

Swag Off Road Tubing Roller Dies

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
In addition I am selling some weld on wings for the HF tubing roller. These wings are laser cut out of high strength A-572 Gr50 1/4" thick steel . They extend the total width of the bottom rollers 6" for the first hole and 12" for the second hole. These plates reduce the total effort required in rolling tube ~50%.

If you have used this tubing roller previousley then you can understand how the extended wings can be a real time saver.

These plates ship in a flat rate USPS box.

Thanks Troy

http://www.swagoffroad.com/HF_Tubing_Roller_Weld_On_Wings.html

Attachments

#5 ·
I have not bent up any DOM, I'm sure the dies will take it added stress no problem as far as that goes. However you will have to get creative creating a larger crank wheel, bending up HREW takes a bit of mussle, so I would recommend a larger crank wheel to off set the increased force it will take to roll DOM.

Are you constantly changing die sizes from project to project and tired of swapping the (4) roller bearings on the outer driven rollers from die set to die set? We now offer factory direct replacements, a set of (4) for just $12.00.

Troy

Attachments

#22 ·
any chance of making a square die??? does anyone know if the HF square roller set is really 1/2", as all my HF dies are marked wrong, ie. die marked 1/2" really = 1"

I'm looking for a 1" square tube die.

Thanks
The HF 1/2" square die is truly 1/2" wide.

I have a prototype set of universal square dies that are adjustable from .5" to 2" wide. I have ran a few pieces of tubing thought the die set and the square tubing distorted much more than round tubing. I was bending 1.5" .095" square tubing and it compressed the top surface .175" and elongated the width .175"

I sent the dies out to a customer of mine who uses square tubing on a regular basis for him to use and give me feed back.

I could create 7 different die sets for every size of square tubing, but If I can create one universal die set that can be adjusted while on the machine it would save you a ton of money, reduce my inventory.

I will report back when I have more feed back on the square dies.

Troy

#24 ·
I am now selling square roller dies for the Harbor Freight Tubing Roller.

These square roller dies are re machined Harbor Freight .500" square dies ITEM 66598-0VGA.

CNC-machined 4140 steel round

Zinc plated to resist rust and corrosion

The center square groove has been enlarged to accept larger dia tubing.

http://www.swagoffroad.com/Harbor_Freight_Tubing_Roller.html

Thanks again for all the orders.

Troy

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.