Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - TOTM: Rear Triangulated 4-link suspension
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2009, 09:14 AM   #10 (permalink)
ashmanjeepXJ

Member # 10249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broke That View Post
For those of you who ran heim joints on your control arms,
What width spacers did you need in order to get proper clearance during full travel?
Hmmmm....let me see if I can articulate better.
I will need to add spacers between the heims and the mounting brackets. I'm thinking that I will need about 1/2" spacers there. Have you guys found that you need more or less spacing for the hi ems to clear the brackets during its full travel?
I'm using 1.5" heims for the lowers, and will be building all the bracketry today.
After reading my own post here, I'm not sure I'm being clear. Not enough coffee in my system yet.

Any help?
make your brackets 2.63in ID that is the standard miss alingnment + insert width. I bought my inserts from ballistic, you also want the inserts so you can run a smaller bolt like a 5/8 or 9/16, to get more miss alignment.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

AZ Undertaker
ashmanjeepXJ is offline   Reply With Quote