Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - NEW Hoodoo trail
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 10:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
hckstr09

Member # 153951
I Love this trail and area

I have also been involved a little with the trail, only going to the last few work parties to get it done. all the credit goes to deschutes county 4 wheelers. they have been working for years to get this trail and are looking to expand the area. they have a prty good relationship with the forest service, so if you use the trail PLEASE be respectful. Like it has been said this an exceptional trail, lots of time, sweat and blood were put into making this happen and there is room for more trails.
i actually walked with them as they were taping off another "buggy only" line, to be approved. so if we are responsible, more trails will come.
btw... the guys taping off the buggy line i walked are the same guys who design the coarse at the groundhog rockcrawl comp.

There are 2 sections, upper and lower. the lower is much more challenging and solid axels are a must. winch is also near necessity. there are harder option lines and a play area or two. the upper section gets out of the trees and has incredible views. but has slightly smaller rocks.

Bobert should post up his pics. i know he has them. i took half.

and there is camping at benson snow park for free, and good campsites at big lake.

Last edited by hckstr09; 08-08-2010 at 10:25 PM.
hckstr09 is offline   Reply With Quote