Pirate 4x4 banner

Badlands KOH Qualifier

29K views 351 replies 85 participants last post by  whypave 
#1 ·
The Badlands KOH qualifier on October 2, 2011 is the main attraction of “Ultimate Motorsports Championship” (UMC.) UMC is a very large, one-day event where top racers are crowned champions in multiple types of motorsport events such as TREC, cross-country ATV/motorcycle, and motocross racing. After all races are complete, there will be fireworks and various festivities, so plan to stay for the party!

This KOH qualifier race is unique, it will follow the general TREC racing format which is adapted to The Badland’s Off Road ParkTM terrain (i.e., this race course WILL NOT utilize any of Badland’s rocks.) This race is defined as, “Foot-to-the-Floor, Fly through the Air, Avoid that Tree, and Keep it on at Least Two Wheels!” You will be racing at high-speeds through mud (not mud bogging but natural trail mud,) up and over steep hills, through tight wood sections, across jumps, and race at high speeds on desert-style terrain. This race will kick off early evening and should continue for about 4-5 hours.

KOH rules/regulations and technical inspections will be enforced, however, there will be event discretion due to the unique style of racing and the competitor base.

Now that all the other qualifiers are over, we are now opening registration for the Badlands KOH Qualifier race to be held October 2, 2010.

Click here for the application.

If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact us.

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
this course is one of the best around to really test you and it has some fast desertto prepare for koh
everybody better show up
3 koh spots to contend for and lots of good people and cold beer
daryl

#7 ·
I can't wait for this race. Thanks for the info. On the application is the $450 entry fee already discounted by $50 or do we only pay $400 if we get it in by september 15th?

Is there any course lighting (probably not) or should we plan for full lighting at night for speed. I've got one 20" LED bar and I'm not sure its enough.

#21 ·
Is there any course lighting (probably not) or should we plan for full lighting at night for speed. I've got one 20" LED bar and I'm not sure its enough.
Your 20" LED should be plenty. Its not like racing out in the desert where there are wide open spans of lands for miles and miles, the terrain at the park varies wildly with hills, trees, canyons etc... So it is important to throw a lot of light in the immediate area in front of the vehicle maybe up to about 50 to 75 yds or so, but beyond that, not much point.

There are some sxs's that race in our regular series with LED light bars and they have TONS of light.

#15 ·
The entry fee is only $400 if we recieve it by September 15.

You are correct, there is no lighting on the course.

Everyone does race together, however we will be starting in heats.

The actual distance is unknown right now because we are still working on the course design. I can say that we currently have 12 miles and we are still adding.

Thursday night you will be able to prerun at full speeds. Friday and Saturday during the day, the course is open but the Park is as well, so slow safe speeds are a must. Depending on our set-up, you may be able to test at high-speed on Friday after the Park closes.

We are going to guarantee a $3000 first place purse (we are hoping to increase that purse.) We are going to give $1000 purse to the first not qualified person to help them put money towards qualifying in future.

Thanks,
Kyle

#18 ·
If you really want to prerun...or get an idea of what you are up against...you should compete in the TREC race on Sept 11th!!!!

mac 'that's prolly some of the best pre running you could do' gyvr

#19 ·
We would love to but the 12 1/2 hours is standing in the way a bit:D We will be there by early evening thrusday before the race. Were would be the best place to stay while we are there, some place to get a big trailer into?? Will there be a main pit?? Will we be close to our trailers for the pit?? Just want to know if we need another rig to haul gear to the main pit area.

#20 ·
There is the attica hotel in town but the best place to stay is the attica family campground. Your not gonna be able to get a big rig into the area at the hotel. The next closest hotel is gonna be a ways away I think the town is Centerville or something, there is lafayette too. Better reserve now, attica hotel is small.

#25 ·
We are doing our best to make this a kickass event! We are working on lots of cool stuff and we will keep you updated as they become finalized. We've just booked the helicopter to help make a kickass video. So make sure you shine your rigs and bring your smiles! And for all you hams...break out the glaze and pineapple. The excitment has begun.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.