Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - FJ80-based 4-seater truggy build at Pacific Fabrication
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2011, 09:43 AM   #50 (permalink)
JESSE_at_TLT

Member # 30721
Quote:
Originally Posted by laproscopic View Post
bad azz

That chassis is so nice. There is a simplistic beauty about such a well thought out, clean, triangulated chassis like this one. Although this buggy looks very good, it may benefit from some rolled tube up front around the fenders so the car isn't so boxy around the tires.

And the front radius arms on the 80 leave much to be desired. those arms are so stiff. They are the only thing keeping the 80 from its true trail potential. The fabulous rear of the 80 does all the work. The 3 link i did to the front of my 80 changed the truck completely. Convince the owner to 3 link it up front. You have the skills to work around the tierod that sits behind the front axle-no need to move the tie-rod to the front. just needs some creative bracketry
Thanks. And that's exactly what I've been thinking about the front fenders/wheelwells. Reading up on the radius arms right now. Looks like there might be just enough room to fit an upper link on the pass-side if we re-make the pass-side motor-mount. maybe.

Last edited by JESSE_at_TLT; 09-14-2011 at 09:45 AM.
JESSE_at_TLT is offline   Reply With Quote