Pirate 4x4 banner

The Victim...........................

36K views 90 replies 30 participants last post by  SanDiegoCJ 
#1 · (Edited)
2006 LJ with a 4.0L I6, 6sp manual and 33,000 miles on it. At present it's 100%
stock. The plan is a 4" lift from Savvy, AEV Tummy Tucker skidplate, a D44
front and Currie Rock Jock D60 rear, both with 4.88's and detroits. It's also
getting an Atlas II with 3.8 gears and heavy duty outputs front and rear.
I'm planning on 35" tires. The first thing will be to get rid of the "guards"
on the lights. :barf:

Attachments

See less See more
#84 ·
Well, I finally got the Rock Hard bolt-in cage kit and the rear Metal Cloak fenders. I got them as bare metal, so the cage is now gloss black and the fender flares are body color and the mounting plates are gloss black. Just need to find the time to install them. :laughing:

#88 ·
Yup, straight bolt on. No hood mods at all. Nothing really difficult, just a PITA with unbolting all the stuff from the stock inner fenders and bolting it back to the new ones. I did it by myself and it took most of the day.

#87 ·
this LJ looks just like mine except mine is a Rubicon (2006, LJ, Rubi, 6spd, RE 5.5 long arm tri-link, 35s on Racelines, core 44 ARB front, D44 rear w/chrome axles ARB, 4.56s, slider/gas/steering armor)

Future: drop to 4.5" lift, Metalcloak overlines, rear coil relocation, rear shock outboard

#90 ·
Well, I've been wheeling the hell out of it and I've only broken one front hub on the Dusy Trail. Finally decided to install the rear Metal Clock flares. Did the left one in about 2 1/2 hours and quit for the day because it was 100*. Started early on the right one and that went much faster since I knew all the steps. I have the "mod-cut" rear flares so I trimmed almost 2" off the fenders at the rear. I also made up a splash guard to protect the wiring on the evap system.

Attachments

#91 ·
Finally got the Rock Hard 4X4 Sport Cage installed. Mover the 2M radio up from the top of the dash to between the spreader bars and mounted the faceplate remotely. Made a mount for the top of the dash for the Magellan TRX7 GPS so it's out of the passenger's leg room and closer to the driver. The biggest PITA is getting the rear side windows back in the slot at their bottom edge. Took a little persuasion with a plastic mallet. Turned out fairly well and now we have some more protection in case of a roll over.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.