Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - Hammer trails mapped in Google Earth
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 08:12 AM   #20 (permalink)
MT4Runner
Not a Wenzelite

Member # 44480
I'm impressed by the level of detail in these maps, Doug, Mark, and 4x4Taco, and the respectful exchange of information--that hundreds if not thousands of people will benefit from in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCuzzz View Post
Funny story, when Google maps first came out you couldn’t even see Fissure Mtn. trail because no one ever went up there. The first time we went it was the middle of the summer, middle of the week, no one on the lake bed, no moon, and started early in the evening. We thought 2 hours no problem, easy trail. It literally took us all night to find the way in the dark and almost decided to spend the last few hours of dark waiting for the sun to come up so we could tell where we were.
I find it easiest to find my way up Fissure Mountain before sunrise by following Carey.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MT4Runner is offline   Reply With Quote