Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - FJ40 Family Wheeler Project
View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
CreeperSleeper

Member # 79255
Thanks to Mr Jitz and a couple buddies, I got about 10 hours of work in on her this weekend! Being that I had some help, we started off with trying to tame the unruly mass of wires and non-working gauges. Before the day started, I had an aftermarket water temp gauge that moves that that's it. I at leasted wanted oil psi as well. After chasing wires for a bit, I realized that there was no sending unit... We robbed one off of my spare F motor and hooked it up. I now have two working gauges!

Other wiring fixes included looming, adding a larger ga charge wire and an additional ground strap. We also played around with switches trying to get them to work. So far I have lights with fiddling, 1 front heater speed, hazards and 1 windshield wiper speed... Good enough for now.

I then measured out everything for the new fuel cell. I think I know what all I to buy and that will be ordered soon. Right now it has a 22 gal coming through the floor. This will obviously not work with a rear seat! I'm planning on going to a 16 gal and most of the floor will be replaced. This is what I currently have:

After that, I decided to start going through the front axle. I was working slowly for sure but I was trying to inspect everything while I was going along. I am in the middle of putting the driver side back together right now. Hopefully I'll be able to sneek out into the shop to finish it up this week.

Last edited by CreeperSleeper; 12-18-2019 at 05:14 PM.
CreeperSleeper is offline   Reply With Quote