Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - Just got back from Dusy and Swamp
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2003, 01:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
82FB

Member # 41
Just got back from Dusy and Swamp

Fun trails, not too difficult, but great scenery. We camped at Courtright Lake by the dam. Part of our group went in Thursday morning from the north end of the Dusy heading south to Courtright. The rest of us stayed at Courtright, and intended to meet them Friday going in from the south on the Dusy. The trail turned out to take them much longer than they thought, and they made it out Saturday.

Now for the tech...
One of our group had apparent master cylinder problems. Had to pump the brakes to get a pedal all day long. Turns out his front wheel bearings were loosening up and causing the rotor to wobble, and push the pads back from the rotor.

Now for the question...

Two more toyotas went in from the north end Thursday night. A tan longbed 82 on 36 inch TSL's, and a white, bobbed 85 extra cab on 37 inch mtr's. They were going to try to catch up with the first group, but apparently never did. I have not heard from them since thursday afternoon, when they were leaving fresno. If anyone saw them or has any info I would appreciate it.

Oh, and about swamp lake. We went in saturday around 11 am. Got to this very steep granite face about 100 feet up or so. Made chicken rock on the Dusy seem flat, and I don't mind saying that it made me nervous driving up it. As if that wasn't bad enough, we decided to turn around at that point, as we were unsure of how much longer we had to go, and it was getting late. So we got to go right back down it. A toyota came within a whisker of rolling about halfway down. The rear end started sliding and came around 6-8 feet on him. I have no idea why it didn't roll. All in all a beatiful area, and a fun time.
82FB is offline   Reply With Quote