Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - DRM's Project 4Runner
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2004, 05:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
DRM
Super Moderator

Member # 8
No plan changes this time (too late for that, and my buddy wants his shop back so it can't sit here long )

Front springs were built intending on the weight of a 350 for an engine, so they are probably a bit too stiff for the 4 cyl. We'll just have to see once it is up and running. They are a hybrid rear pack that moves the axle 2" forward of stock, and I moved the fornt hanger hole about 1" forward as well. Early measuring (see the blue strap) looks like the steering box is gonna have to go forward 1-2" to make room for everything.

I traded my 42's this weekend for some 38.5x16 TSL's - I just did not want to deal with trying to turn the 42's with 4.88's and a 4 cylinder, or trying to cut that much metal to get them to fit.

I have a sky dual case crossmember waiting to go on it when the time comes to do the dual cases.

More pics this week as the parts come in that are needed

>It only hurts the first time you agree with me...
>"A little nonsense now and then is cherished by the wisest men."

Last edited by DRM; 02-15-2004 at 05:53 PM.
DRM is offline   Reply With Quote