Have you done any injector clean? I'm thinking you may have a stuck injector. You rolling a lot of coal now vs, past?
I run some X66P through mine every 6 months now. My mileage has greatly improved as a byproduct as well. Cleans the injectors and improves your balance rates. Mine runs much smoother. Maybe try this first if you think you have an injector going bad. The first time we ran it through mine, it was sounding like it had a hot cam in it from the lope of the stuck injector. About 15 minutes in the motor revved, and the reset idle to a smooth sound no longer loping. Everyone standing there spun around and got wide eyed. I was a skeptic until that moment.
Hope this helps some people.
Another copy paste from another source
Hit up a GM dealer and buy the GM upper engine fuel injector cleaner p/n 88861802, about 15 bucks (AC Delco X66P). This CAN NOT be run through the fuel tank. To run this cleaner you have to use the quick disconnects at the rear of the engine.
1. Remove the quick disconnects at the rear of the engine, you will need a set of quick disconnect line tools. the return line is 3/8 and the suction line is 1/2.
2. Once lines are disconnected, install rubber fuel hose to the lines with hose clamps. You will need 3/8 hose and 1/2, about 5 ft of each.
3. use 1/2 gallon of clean diesel fuel and mix 13 oz. of the injector cleaner in a container (I used an old rotella 1 gal. bottle)
4. put both the return and suction lines into the container and place container out of the way of engine. (sat mine on a step ladder next to truck). you can set it on the floor but will need about 8-10 ft of hose.
5. start the engine, check for leaks. run all of the the diesel fuel in the container out, will take time. (mine sat at idle for 1.5 hours). if the truck dies, no big deal, just prime it once you reconnect the fuel lines.
6. once fuel is gone, reconnect the fuel lines, should hear a snap. and done. make sure to check for leaks when finished.
#555 Triple Nickel Racing, & TGTW Lemons Racing
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Last edited by BigWoodyWag; 03-31-2014 at 08:06 AM.