Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - H3 SAS (first detailed thread?)
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2014, 07:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
06 H3
Granite Guru

Member # 175478
Im doing a custom crossmember. Too late to go back now...Cut off the stock crossmember mounts on the frame.

2x4x3/16 is the main portion. 1x4 is the short piece that is connected to the stock t case mount.

Here it is

Plan is to continue to add 1/4 plate with holes and then weld to the ends of the piece in the picture above then make that removable and use more 2x4x3/16 to mount to the side of the frame rail. Then add some gussets between the frame rail and fixed mount. Then it will allow me to put the lowers anywhere I want and the uppers are limited by the new crossmember but it will still make the links much longer.

Problem is driveshaft clearance in the picture above I notched it, it does clear but barely. I want some more legroom can I continue to cut the back side like I did to the front then plate it all in and be ok from a strength standpoint?