Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - Toyota Racer #4611: KOH Stock Class Build
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2014, 05:38 PM   #484 (permalink)
desertPOS
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 3835
Decided to keep moving on the truss today. Top plate of main truss is 3/8, front and back pieces are 1/4

Made some knuckle ball gussets out of 3/8 between stitch welds...

Back is done, front is about 1/2 done, but I'll finish those welds once the axle is back off the truck and I have a little more room to work

Current brakes have stock master and single diaphram booster, but my new 1" master and dual booster showed up the other day. Got those cleaned and painted up between axle stitch welds. Cut my muffler out and threw it in the corner... Also got a chance to look at the radio parts that came in earlier this week! Race radio, PTTs and whatever bs cables else I needed to get the intercom and everything working. My brother and I won't have to scream and wave our hands around trying to communicate this year, and pit guys'll know wtf's going on...

Truck's been taking forever to start when the engine's cold - I figured it was the cold start injector. Got ahold of someone at 22reperformance and was told that it's more likely the thermo-time switch. So capped off my day over there buy testing that. Was told that over 40 ohms when engine is cold means it's definitely bad, mine came in at 33.5. Probably will pull it and put it in some hot water and recheck - but that'll have to happen next time I'm over there...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Special Thanks to:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, West Kern Environmental Consulting,
desertPOS is offline   Reply With Quote