Pirate 4x4 banner

One link feedback if any problems?

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  TheRipper 
#1 ·
I have read the past post's about 1 Link suspensions.I was wondering about any feedback of the people that are running them if they have had any problem's.Also what size heims has everyone been experimenting with on a 1 link.I use 1 1/4" on my 3 link right now on the jeep but I am starting a buggy next week and thinking about this on the rear.I just worry about the one big con.If it breaks everything goes to crap for the day in a hurry...lol..please on feedback regarding this no smart ass reply's like try search that gets old reading that one in a hurry... :D

#2 ·
I think you answered your own question. If it does break, you are fawked. So you have to decide if you can deal with that (ie redesign a stronger "arm") or you would feel better with a design that can break and still run if you have too. Good luck ....

#4 ·
That is cool what size arm's have you seen people using for the set up.I have not found any sizes on here and I can not even find the old post about this.If anyone has a link please post it.I am not really worried about the arm breaking I am just concered about what size heim to use.I remmber a post from a well known shop also posting pic's of his but can not remmber who it was.Thanks for the feedback.

#9 ·
Whizzy that shit is looking SWEEET :eek:

back to the thread: I am still building my "one link" (cash dictating) and the hiems are designed to be "caged" with a safty strap to the link so if the hiem breaks or the bolt shears the link will still be contained inside the cage. It will be sloppy as hell if it does break but it will get me off the trail or to the side without destroying eveything in a failure.

I highly doubt my arms will break, but we will see

#10 ·
Thank's guys for the imput.Wizzy your truck was the one I was trying to find..lol..and hey poophead your friend just uses a radius arm built into the link at each end?If so that sounds cool.Wizzy didn't you use a hiem off as tractor or something?USMC what size heims are you using for your's?I am thinking of using one of my 1 1/4" but I have a guy that said he can get me a 1 1/2" or maybe even a 2"...

#11 ·
TheRipper said:
Thank's guys for the imput.Wizzy your truck was the one I was trying to find..lol..and hey poophead your friend just uses a radius arm built into the link at each end?If so that sounds cool.Wizzy didn't you use a hiem off as tractor or something?USMC what size heims are you using for your's?I am thinking of using one of my 1 1/4" but I have a guy that said he can get me a 1 1/2" or maybe even a 2"...
1 1/4
if i manage to break them at the arm liength i have them i did something stupid and need to upgrade :D

#12 ·
TheRipper said:

I went with the radius arm bushing on my center pivot point. I used 2" sched 80 pipe for the link itself also.

When i get home I will dig up some pics and post em for ya. :D

#13 ·
wow i was detered from building the one link, now that ive seen that im convinced again that it is the simplest and cheaper way to go. how is your anti squat? and can you post a pic of your panhard bar angle and mounts? thanks.

#14 ·
you guys should look into some heavy equipment companies some dozers have some huge heims in certain areas i know that they are 2"+ and if they stand up to the force of a dozer pushing a couple of tons of dirt i think they would hold up on a rig. Just an idea im putting out

#15 ·
thelbz said:
you guys should look into some heavy equipment companies some dozers have some huge heims in certain areas i know that they are 2"+ and if they stand up to the force of a dozer pushing a couple of tons of dirt i think they would hold up on a rig. Just an idea im putting out
that is what I am building with

#16 ·
thelbz said:
I was wondering about them.The ones I have seen only pivot up and down and have no side to side flex.I have heard the ones on a grader pivot in all direction's.I think I am going ahead and going with a 1 link and leave the front a 2 link for now.I really like the safety strap idead kind of like race car's.. :grinpimp:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.