Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - HAVOC TJ goin Buggy, lets wing it! ;)
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2015, 09:40 AM   #83 (permalink)
Running925

Member # 148067
Just just a quick update.

I've been really enjoying the new revised version of my Jeep. I've gotten to run a lot of the same trails that I've run in the past and this thing really performs a lot better than it ever has. Thanks to everyone that has chimed in and thrown some advise at me when i needed it.

There is one aspect of this buggy that i'm looking to improve upon tho. I really dislike the front brakes on this kingpin ford 60 axle. The design is just not up to where it should be when it's being used in this application. I'm sure i'm not the only one that has had this problem before.

Wheelin along and your brake caliper gets knocked off from a rock? You can't find the retainer shim so you have to stuff a rock in between the pads to take up the slack and bungie that sucker up for the rest of the day...

Anyways, i'm looking to improve the stopping power of the front brakes because they do seem to be lacking a little bit. I'm not sure what the best option is. I could go to the chevy style (doubt there will be a stopping power difference) or i could go aftermarket (lack of autoparts store availability for a trail rig sux).

Current setup:
Wilwood 7:1 Pedal
Dual Wilwood Master Cylinders
1 inch rear master going to disk conversion single piston calipers on gm14b
7/8 master going to dual piston factory ford fronts
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Youngstown, Ohio
Running925 is offline   Reply With Quote