Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - California Smog test experts: Oxygen Heater monitor not ready
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2015, 11:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jorge Meza
Zeus of the Sluice

Member # 70340
Exclamation California Smog test experts: Oxygen Heater monitor not ready

Guys from Cali need your advice, please.

Is it true that here in Cali a car can pass the smog check with only one incomplete monitor. Is this true? The guy at the smog check said "no. that monitor must get complete".

Here my terror story:

I purchased a 2006 Rubicon TJ with 50,000 miles. It did not passed the smog check because it had 2 monitors not ready: Evap and OH (oxygen sensor heater).

10 miles - 20 minutes after the EVAP monitor completed but OH monitor remains not ready.

I have driven the TJ for about 100 miles, following different instructions supposedly to complete every monitor and still... the holy OH monitor still not ready. I have spent like 7 days driving it, at hwy speeds, at road speeds, idling, idling while in Drive, <Turn on - Turn off- Turn on?, at 20-25mph, at 45mph, at 50-59 mph, at 60pmh, at 65mph, 70 mph, etc. etc. etc. but nothing!!

So all monitors are completed but the OH.

If someone can confirm my TJ can pass the smog check with that monitor on please let me know and I will just go to another smog station.

I'm very very frustrated!

Tnx.

WTB:
* LSX/6L80 complete takeout
* Complete DE Hydro steering system
* Millermatic Multiprocess or 255 MIG
* Tuffy Overhead Console
Jorge Meza is offline   Reply With Quote