Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - Ecoboost Maintenance
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2015, 03:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
OkLaHoMaYJ

Member # 17969
Send a message via AIM to OkLaHoMaYJ
I changed my OE plugs out at 40k miles. My 2012 F150 Ecoboost was experiencing a cold irratic idle and stumbling while accelerating. The new SP534's solved the problem. My OE plugs were gapped anywhere from .030 to .042.

I have not drilled the CAC like you're mentioning. I have had, on 3 separate occasions, experienced the weird shudder when accelerating. The last time it did it, the truck ingested so much water that it went into "Limp" and only ran on 5 cylinders. Dealer did the most recent TSB, put some bullshit plastic piece on the CAC that covered about half the surface and put in a new cylinder 6 plug and coil.

Since then, it hasn't happened again. Seems to be fixed, however the most recent TSB that is suppose to address this issue, de-tunes the truck some for sure.

I change the oil every 7,500 miles with Ford SynBlend and Motocraft filter. Swapped out the OE air filter for the AEM one from Full-Race.