Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - converting a camper to a car hauler?
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 09:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
IAsoldier

Member # 661338
First and foremost, I have never undertaken anything like this before. For now I'd like to make it into a flat bed allowing me and my wife to move wherever we choose, I'd like to go to college and with the price if a uhaul, I figured I could just build something. So for $260 bucks I picked this up today. I figure that even if it never gets done, I could easily flip it for about the same price, if not more if I just put a decent deck on it. I am an okay welder, I just don't get the chance to do many long beads at my job. My father has about every tool you could imagine and then some, but I'm trying to be independent. Adding to that, most of any project time is finding where he put his tools etc. I don't mind investing in my own stuff, but I also only make so much money. Eventually I'd like to make it an enclosed trailer, but for now I'd be content with just a flat bed and tying everything down. The trailer frame itself is 70.5"x261". Just surface rust, really clean. I decided to invest in some nice LED lights since I plan on keeping it around. Thoughts?
Attached Images

IAsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote