Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - Best Ford engine for 700hp turbo setup?
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2016, 07:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Dr.Danger
Safety third!

Member # 168243
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyredneckanyhow View Post
A well built 557 to handle 700 hp is going to put you in the 12k range. I'm not talking eagle cranks and stock heads. if you're going to build it to handle that amount of power for any decent period of time you'll need a set of tfs heads, quality rotating assembly, custom ground crank and so forth. Throw in the turbos and I'd say you're well over 20k with a custom injection system. I'm sure he could save some coin doing a blow through carb setup but at this point in an engine build that would be ignorant.
You sound like you're stuck in 2002. You don't NEED turbos and fuel injection to hit that kind of power with a stroker and the slew of cylinder heads out on the market these days. You can buy it for $12K or less, and it runs on pump gas.

Have you actually priced a set of SCJ heads and a forged stroker kit these days? This is of course assuming you're doing all of your own assembly work and have a reasonably priced machinist.

I'll keep you filled in on my current build. I'm most likely going to be ordering a set of the new AFR heads this week.

Check out the flow numbers if you haven't looked at them.

Quote:
By the way, Irregardless does pass spell check and it is a word. The meaning is exactly the same, you just want to play games

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dr.Danger is offline   Reply With Quote