Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - 2 stroke Detroit diesels
View Single Post
Old 09-06-2016, 09:03 PM   #68 (permalink)
DR. SMASHER
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 95939
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Danger View Post
My favorite way to describe the cycles of a 4 cycle engine isn't intake-compression-power-exhaust; it's suck-squeeze-bang-blow.

Interesting idea. I'd think CO2 might work as long as the temp of the gas going in isn't cold enough to flat out crack or shatter things. I'd be interested to run some tests. Any other gas that can deploy from a compressed state quickly enough without drastically lowering the temp of the engine could work I would think, but the only gas I know of that doesn't drop in temp, is acetylene. That one likes to increase in temperature and probably wouldn't help much in a runaway, depending on your definition of "help".
Damn Boyles law of gases.

As the slaughter of WW2 fades, the young gear up for something they will wish they had not wished for.

Quote:
I hope the little stickie out leg on the R gives you a rectal tear as you shove it up your ass.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DR. SMASHER is offline   Reply With Quote