Pirate 4x4 banner

D70 spool

5K views 33 replies 14 participants last post by  mj 
#1 · (Edited)
Planning on replacing the broken Detroit in my D70u with a spool.

Are there any other options than the Nitro for $550 or the ECGS for $500?

I was surprised when I saw it was double the price of the 14B spools.

Also plan on getting replacement parts for the Detroit and might sell it, but been having no luck on getting the parts as the numbers on the parts are not the part numbers acording to Eaton. Trying to download the parts list from Eaton.com but I now know I dont have Office to view them.

This should be the Detroit I have DET225S-58C

Anyone know more than I have found through my research?

#7 ·
Vice versa iirc. Think, "Jana". As I read, the spools available now are D80 but sold with or have a bearing # required to fit a D70. Thus the big ass price tag. There was a classified earlier this year but hell if I could find it. Iirc they were "D70" spools that were a production many a year ago. At said point in time there was production by different folks but the market or something wasn't there. His were reasonable at $300?-ish. Had 3 of them on the shelf. I didn't act on them since I had a NIB Detroit sitting on the floor but I'd jump all over one since I sold the Detroit to fund the project.

Patience I'd say. They pop up from time to time or just pony up for the D80.

#8 · (Edited)
i had a similar problem, broke an axle shaft which broke a detroit in my 70U and it was cheaper to replace it than fix it and spool was cheaper than that, and no more broken detroits. So i had a spool made for me by Carl Jantz. he took a dana 80 spool and machined it for my dana 70U. worked great

Attachments

#14 ·
The broken Detroit? Thought of doing that.

Thats all I had, no stock carrier to weld.

I got the spool but was shipped a 37 spline instead of the 35 spline I needed.
That was last saturday when I received it.

Wednesday(today) I got the correct spool only to find the spacers they sent me were the wrong ones.

Called them and they decided to overnight the correct spacers so I can hopefully make the trip I have planned this weekend.

I have my fingers crossed this will go smoothly tomorrow if the spacers show up.

What preload should I end up with? I have heard .004 per side up to a total of .014.

#25 ·
or you know you could just delete all these new posts ITT

he was talking about fairly common free software, so it's not like he's making money off it
just being an idiot and bumping an ancient thread with an excel alternative to someone who may have wanted it in passing, 2 years ago

#26 ·
exactly how is that spam?
is Gates a sponsor here and paying you to defend his software?
the OP said he couldnt read a file type, now a days with the new subscription based system Gates is using it is even more difficult to read that file type.
pointing out a few FREEWARE methods of reading it is not spam.

#29 ·
I have a simple system for dealing with spam.

1. Reported as spam
2. I read it and it has nothing to do with the topic and everything to do with selling a product not related to pirate.
3. Then delete as spam.

And don’t be gay and say ITT on the pirate. Take your software discussion to chitchat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.