Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - Guido's 1965 Scout 80
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2017, 01:33 PM   #279 (permalink)
guidolyons
Addicted to Gear Oil

Member # 56050
Then I used an undercoating gun to shoot the interior. That came out pretty well, but I didn't like that much large texture for the exterior. (Not an airplane. It's a Texas sized Skeeter)

The Duplicolor Rust Barrier is pretty thick, so I wasn't sure if I could spray it through a regular paint gun. I followed the instructions and thinned it 10% (maximum recommended) and it sprayed very well, just a bit of texture. I probably could have thinned it a bit or messed around with the gun settings more and gotten it a little bit smoother, but I figured the texture will hide some of the blemishes. I used a Harbor Freight HVLP gun with the remote reservoir. https://www.harborfreight.com/64-oz-...kit-62895.html

Originally Posted by General Dwight D. Eisenhower
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->
guidolyons is online now   Reply With Quote