Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - 5.3 Jeeps
Thread: 5.3 Jeeps
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2018, 02:25 PM   #6580 (permalink)
DZ302

Member # 685714
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapthrillb2 View Post
Okay I hate asking for help. But looking for some suggestions.

I previously had a stock lm7 (05 5.3). Engine Temps initially I had trouble controlling. After going with the flexalite radiator and fan (tj specific for LS swap) lowering my winch, and closing in the gaps at the top of the radiator along with a 18* tstat. It was manageable and I had no real issues.

I switched to a 6.0 10.5:1 mild build (has about 1k miles on it now) Cooling system exactly the same. Now it shoots right to 210, acts like that's when the tstat opens. Drops to 205-6 then heats up to 210-212 camps out there. Daily driving for the most part it stays right in that 206-214 range. If I start getting into it it heats up past that and takes awhile to cool down. I verified the Temps right, short of installing a mechanical gauge. New T-stat / sensor/ no harness or wiring issue/ even tried a different ecm.

My next "step" is mounting a Tauras fan. The flexalite has never seemed to pull a ton of air. Sealed good against the radiator. Just feel it's lacking in the cfm. Otherwise I'm gonna have to get a larger universal radiator and make it fit. Trying to avoid that. I can't fit taller or thick radiator. Only a wider one. Any opinions suggestions?

Do you already have a High Flow Pump? Made a huge difference for me.