Pirate 4x4 banner

Toasty lives!

4K views 21 replies 6 participants last post by  toasty 
#1 ·
Recovered my account, i won't be posting as sneakyninja any longer. Getting hyped up for the Sierra Nevada Challenge in August so here's some pics. These are from Fordyce Creek in '16, I'll post up some more over the next few days. Feel free to share if you have any cool photos from the Sierras!

Attachments

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
The turquoise ine is a 1994 SR, AWD front diff, F/R air lockers, 5.29 diff gears, 4:1 transfer case, Tom Woods driveshafts, Bilstein long travel shocks, 35" tires, ADD stainless steel skid plates, OME 1.5" lift springs, ARB Twin air compressor, ARB fridge, Con Ferr roof rack, custom bumpers, Trail Gear sliders, gas tank lift, Smittybuilt X20 winch, ADD winch plate, Siberian poly suspension bushings, Aisin manual hubs and probably a ton of stuff I'm forgetting. This is it's new bumpers

Attachments

#9 · (Edited)
The Black 1996 has almost the same setup except 37's, 4.90 diffs and custom steel skid plates. It did get an SAS before the last Sierra Challenge, Wagoneer D44 with Reid knuckles, ARB air locker and chromoly shafts on leaf springs. These pics are from the 2016 Challenge.

Attachments

#11 ·
Like getting stolen? None of us have really ever had any winch issues, I guess the sunlight would cook a synthetic line eventually being exposed like that. Then he'd need a neoprene cover like the Jeep guys use, it is super handy having easy access to your winch like we do though. The few guys i know that have them mounted under an ARB (Gen 3) when there is a winch issue like a
cable birdnest or Rainier had a ground issue it's a little tougher to remedy. Although you can't really get birdnesting with synthetic line which most of us run now.

#14 ·
We don't really do mud or have much here, but winches get wet all the time without issues. They are quite low, i think mud might be a problem if you were pushing through it enough to pack it solid. His bumper doesn't have tube sleeves and it should, instead i made new frame horns out of thicker material. 1/8" frame tube with sleeved bolt holes would have been adequate and much lighter.

#22 · (Edited)
Here's the first 5, trying to use different pics for here than i used on the other forums that way all forums get a different set.

Our group from left to right; Fullmonty, 4xMonty, Daniel, Lito, Rascott, ClayTK, Cap510, PA_JERO, Toasty and Bullworker.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.