Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - I quit drinking
Thread: I quit drinking
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 08:02 AM   #943 (permalink)
COcamper

Member # 169788
blackdog220- great posts, thanks for sharing.

H8DWINGS- I've posted a few times in here, as I'm also a recovering alcoholic, and will be for the rest of my life. I accept that, I actually EMBRACE that. It is who I am and I can't change that. I, like many others, can make as many excuses as I want, but the facts are what they are. Will I ever be able to have a single drink, or be that "casual" drinker, I honestly don't know, but I do know that I won't ever find out.

I've been down this road before, as I quit drinking for 3.5 years, picked it back up, convinced I was a changed man. I won't bore anyone with the details as it's the same broken record many have heard/lived... What I can say, and say it from experience, is only YOU can make the decision to stop drinking and YOU have to do it for YOURSELF. If you are making the decision to stop drinking for someone else, I'm sorry to say, you will drink again...

As was stated earlier in this thread, I also use the "I don't drink" response. I have yet to find anyone that questions that, even those that have known me for a long time. I've actually found that most, if not all, are very supportive of MY decision, and if they aren't, well, I don't need to spend much time with them.
COcamper is offline   Reply With Quote