Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - Rubicon trip fall of 2020 and surrounding trails
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 08:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
trplxj

Member # 72614
Question Rubicon trip fall of 2020 and surrounding trails

Even thought it's two years out myself and a few other people are starting to plan a trip out to the Rubicon. We'll be coming from Utah, Arizona, Oklahoma, Texas. There's lots of info about the Rubicon, and this forum is a great source, but there are a few questions that I have.

First, since we are all travelling a long ways we would like to run one or two other trails while we are in the area. Other than Fordyce what other trails are there to run? I would like to run something about as difficult as the Rubicon. Not too interested in running a trail that doesn't even require four wheel drive. All rigs are set up well, front and rear lockers, and winches. The smallest will be a CJ7 on 35's.

Second, I'm still a little confused about where to park the tow rigs. Personally I would like to park somewhere near the end of the trail in Tahoma. And I would rather pay a little to know my rig is secure while I'm on the trail than role the dice and park it at the trail head staging area. Any suggestions? I read through the tow rig thread, but I'm still not sure where to park. Or where any of the mentioned places are.

Third, any suggestions on where to stay the night before we hit the trail and the night we get off the trail?

I'll likely have more questions as time goes on, but I think that's it for now.

Thank you!!
trplxj is offline   Reply With Quote