Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - Am i an ass hole?
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2018, 07:03 AM   #103 (permalink)
LeadfootCJ7
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 85264
Send a message via AIM to LeadfootCJ7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBronco View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladman View Post
it is called maturity, family and sacrifice. All admirable traits IF you have them. If you don't, don't appear to be a hero to others while actually sucking ass as a human.
^^^^he put is best with an emphasis of Sacrifice. Sucky situation for everyone for sure especially for the kids but if you are honest with yourself and don’t think you can do it then don’t. Financially, at least in TX, you would be give. A small monthly stipend mostly would cover kid expenses and kids would have free tuition to state school. Again this is in TX. You would never get rich or anywhere close to it but takes away most if not all of the financial part of raising a kid from foster care.

I am not going to say what I would do because our lives are vastly different so it wouldn’t matter anyways. Good luck with your decision as it isn’t an easy one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadfootCJ7 View Post
I was waiting for someone to point this out.

Also, start planning your home addition, new cars, etc. With the state involved you will need 2 new cars that are newish and have proper room for the entire family. Oh, and they will have to meet certain crash safety levels too. At least that is what my buddy here is dealing with.
I have never heard of the new car thing. I have spent some time very recently as a licensed foster parent in TX. They may have asked my vehicle but I don’t remember it and they were ok with a 2005 F150. Sounds fishy that TX would care about their vehicle as long you you aren’t transporting more people than it was designed for. Or maybe their agency which they chose which is contracted by the state cares but I don’t really think the state of TX give a crap what you drive.
My buddy and his wife have been trying to foster to adopt for years. They came and met with them several times. Full background checks on them and all of their family who might be around. They did and interview with me and itjust friends. I thought it was a referral interview, but quickly realized it was more.

His wife had a 2010? Acura TL, he has a spotless 2 door 90's Tahoe/ Blazer and a couple of Corvettes. One classic that was his Grandfather's and a C6 Grand Sport. They flat out told him that his Blazer was too old because it didn't have airbags up to their standards (even though the age they were talking about isn't allowed in the front seat). His wife's TL was borderline and they said he really needed to buy his wife a new car and gave him a list of safety ratings and things it should have. Not a deal breaker, but would "move them down the list" if they didn't. He was also told any child could never ride in either Corvette even if he turned the passenger airbag off in the C6. As I recall he had to sign a certified document for them on this. His wife's car was hot and totaled a few weeks later so she got the new car. They were still told he needed to sell his Blazer and get something else, not just get a new car. They want it gone. He told them he would do it as soon as they got the call, but they had already jumped through too many hoops and hadn't even been close to getting a foster. It's been 2 years, they still haven't gotten a call. He makes good $, his wife stays away home, new 5 bedroom house in gated neighborhood in good suburb. However, they claim they can't find good homes for kids. Complete BS.

Last edited by LeadfootCJ7; 11-04-2018 at 07:58 PM.
LeadfootCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote