Thanks for the kind words. It’s motivating to know that this build may help drive someone else's build - that's really cool. Over the weekend, Carl and Brandon knocked out the super beefy trans cross member and we got started installing the in frame shackle tubes for the front springs. For the trans cross member the guys re-used part of the mounting plates from the 518 which fit the NV4500 great. The cross member needed a little more work to give the front drive shaft some breathing room which they knocked out pretty quickly. From there, we slung it place, drilled the frame, threw in a couple bolts and it didn’t budge once we let down the floor jack.
For the in frame shackles, we measured out shackle tube location then popped a 2” holes in either side of the frame. From there, I ground the heads off the rivets holding in the old shackle bushing assemblies, knocked them out of the frame, cleaned the inside of the frame rails, and burned in the reinforcement plates I torched out a few days ago. We’ll install the 2” x 0.25” DOM shackle tubes once we have a better idea of exactly how long they need to be.
Last edited by LowDown; 11-05-2018 at 06:07 AM.