Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - Harbor Freight Good tool list
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2018, 12:17 PM   #690 (permalink)
billybob_81067
Rednek

Member # 52387
Send a message via AIM to billybob_81067 Send a message via MSN to billybob_81067 Send a message via Yahoo to billybob_81067
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtxracer View Post
Looking for them now, thanks! I don't take large amounts of material off usually so I might go with a finer grit like 120. I use my plasma table for most parts and just want this for edges, radii, finishes, and doing longer planar sanding.

Is there a quick-swap method for the discs? Seems like peel and stick and it's there until it's done.
I've only swapped out the first aluminum oxide disc for the zirconia one once, and it's still going. Might not be quite as good as it was when I put it on there, but it is still eating away at metal. So no I don't know of any good disc swapping tips. I just peeled the old one off, used a razor blade and carb cleaner to get the disc clean so there wouldn't be lumps and then put the new one on.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sanding-Dis...a3b8:rk:1:pf:0

There's a 3 pack of different grits. you might be surprised and like the coarser grit discs... Try one. Still leaves a nice smooth finish, just takes less time to eat it away.

Last edited by billybob_81067; 11-28-2018 at 12:25 PM.
billybob_81067 is offline   Reply With Quote