Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - Project Piss Off My Neighbors and Set My Condo on Fire
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 11:21 PM   #1126 (permalink)
gtxracer
NERD

Member # 25303
Little shit takes FOREVER.

Dash is wired. All of it. Fans are controlled by PCM now with a SPDT rocker switch for override. Need to design and 3D printed two adapters for the dash to mount my switch panel and iPad. Slowly put things together that were lingering like misc nuts and bolts, the cowl, and mounting the pcm and fuse block.

Went with Tom Woods for the shafts. Ordered on a Tuesday and had them here today, Friday. They were very helpful and made them exactly to order. No issues at all. Highly recommend them. I havenít used them in 10 years and theyíre still great to work with. I went with 1310 CVs and 1350 slip yoke at the axle end, all Spicer non servicables. Iím very happy with them and the whole experience.

Had a small interference issue with the bellhousing. I donít know how this didnít come up before. Perhaps the suspension settled slightly and I didnít notice. Either way, I had to chop a little off the bellhousing where the bottom cover bolts up. Lost one of the bottom cover bolt holes. Oh well. Small sacrifice for a one piece shaft. Picture makes it look much worse than it actually is. All good now. Front has 5Ē uptravel in these pics since I lowered everything down. I will run it at 5Ē and see if I can bottom it out as hard as the rear.

Reusing the previous front shock crossmember but this time putting in some stubby tube connectors that interlock. Huge time saver and this will protect the front end if I run out of talent.

Tomorrow Iím designing the new rear axle upper link mounts and cutting them on the CNC plasma. Should be fairly easy but Iíve said that before!
Attached Images

2013 Raptor SuperCrew Tow Rig
Porsche
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fab Parts:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PNW Shock Tuning:
gtxracer is offline   Reply With Quote