Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - Project Piss Off My Neighbors and Set My Condo on Fire
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2019, 12:00 PM   #1127 (permalink)
gtxracer
NERD

Member # 25303
More progress from this weekend. I didn't get done as much as I wanted on the Jeep but I did get the majority of the remaining hard work done. Rear axle upper control arm mounts were about 4" tall (first picture).

I messed up 4 times before putting the entire rear link bridge in CAD. I didn't make this bridge, just hacked the top off a few years ago. Each face is not square to the other. I was also angling the mounts 10 degrees by pointing them to the UCA mount on the frame. Add to that the 45 degree and 59 degree angled sides on the link bridge and you have a very complicated setup. After the 4th fawk up I put down everything and spent 2 hours just reverse engineering this damn bridge. Designed it all in Solidworks, got it setup for the cnc plasma, and double checked everything twice. Cut it out and VOILA! Fit perfectly. It looks easy to do but NONE of these corners are 90 and the links may have to be shortened an inch If so, I may just say fawk it and order some 7075 because these have already been sleeved once. WOD has these links for $135 each and that's enticing

Still have to notch the lower part of the frame for the links, fab the new front shock crossmember, and straighten the front axle tube slightly. If I get time I'll also move the 2.0 Fox bumps to the rear. Still need to swap the steering pump on the Raptor and do maintenance on the trailer. It's not as tight as the last two years but still have some work to do.
Attached Images

2013 Raptor SuperCrew Tow Rig
Porsche
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fab Parts:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PNW Shock Tuning:
gtxracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links