Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - Project Piss Off My Neighbors and Set My Condo on Fire
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 05:03 PM   #1150 (permalink)
gtxracer
NERD

Member # 25303
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
Sounds like you're all set to have a blast.

How the hell can a seal remove metal? Dirt getting down to it?

Are those hood pins the AutoFab ones? If they are, what do you think of them?

You friends need to apply peer pressure until you cave and rip the stock dash and wiring out. Everything on your Jeep is so well thought out and executed...........................except for that.

It looks better when all the covers are back on. I actually like the look but the vents are not functional. I'd really like to design a new one and fab something out of aluminum but still don't have a way to weld the aluminum. My Hobart 187 was the only 220 welder from Hobart that doesn't adapt well to a spool gun. If anyone has an idea there let me know! If I get the time I'd design and make a very simple dash with center console. It's on the list but only if I get time. Plenty of other shit to fix I did rip out the extra stock wiring and I actually like the factory fuse block setup under the dash. It's the PDC that's an eyesore. If I get time I'll rip it out but that'll likely be next winter at best.

Hood pins are the Daystar kit here and I like them a lot:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

yeah, no idea on the seal. Big giant WTF. Both of them are doing it. The shaft is tight in there and takes some finesse and axial push to get it in the carrier but nothing crazy. All done by hand. So not sure what's going on. Hopefully someone with more experience can chime in. @AlxJ64 is probably the smartest axle guy I know.

2013 Raptor SuperCrew Tow Rig
Porsche
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fab Parts:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PNW Shock Tuning:
gtxracer is online now   Reply With Quote