Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - Some kind of wannabe sxs build (side by sidekick?)
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2019, 01:31 PM   #13 (permalink)
86chevyjoe

Member # 128588
Send a message via AIM to 86chevyjoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaAtieToo View Post
Thanks for the suggestion. I liked the black waters for being a strait up utv tire, but I liked the square profile of the carnivore.

I'm going to just see how it goes with a stock track kick case. It should have 5.13s, so high range might be use able with the auto. If so, I might go to the 4.24s. If not I'll leave it stock and keep my eyes open for a Sami case. I did salvage one from my garage that looks ok-ish. But it had water in it before the fire. Not sure if trail tough would be happy with it as a core
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaAtieToo View Post
Also, what's the deal with the 2.0 alternator price? Orileys wants $189 for one! Hopefully they will price match the $80 one I found online.
you're going to like the carni's, they just wear fast! bastards are super soft, but work great in the snow and rocks! i forgot you have the 2.0L now - i think that motor with the 3 speed auto and 5.13s will work damn good on 32s! i wanted to do those 3.0 gears in a trackick range box with stock toyota case behind it

i have a spare alternator if you need one, they are crazy expensive. i'd just buy used ones from u-pull it lol, every now and again i'd get a bad one