Pirate 4x4 banner

GenRight Offroad Semi Valley, CA

20K views 54 replies 32 participants last post by  LANDABUSER 
#1 ·
Well after some time I have reluctantly decided to voice my frustration with GenRight Offroad on the Forums. In 2014/2015 I completed a major suspension build on my 2003 TJR and spent well over $40 K on axles, suspension components, labor among many other parts. I purchased a set of Currie Rock Jock 60 axles through GenRight as well as their suspension components, gas tank/skid etc.. to build my rig up according to their advice (specifically Andrew). I spend over $25 K with GenRight alone on the parts. Once the work was completed I started to experience problems with multiple parts they sold me and to top it off the Currie axles leak. The rear axle started a seal leak within weeks of getting the rig back from the shop (we did not powder coat so no issues with heat would have caused the leak). It's likely the seal was damaged during assembly of the parts into the housing, but hard to say/target given I didn't put them together myself (it should be noted that Currie build the completed units). The front differential has a leak that I have attempted numerous times to get to stop by trying different 'tricks' GenRight employees suggest. I have come to the conclusion the front diff cover should have never been incorporated into the tri-link front design because that is causing slight movement of the cover which in turn is causing a leak (note this is GenRight's design). I don't have a weep, I have a leak. After the fact I began speaking with Andrew about this issue and he stated they are known to weep (something he never mentioned when I was going on his advice before the install). After numerous attempts to try GR suggested 'tricks' to solve the issue I have come up short and only wasted more money on parts and labor. I have asked to speak with a manager at GenRight on more than one occasion but I guess the sales staff doesn't want to push me to that level because they are never willing to get a manager only sending me over to either Andrew or try and solve/offer up help on their own. Very frustrating that I can spend that kind of money with a business and not even get to speak with a manager when the sales staff cannot help. Others have even gone out of their way to contact GenRight for me but I have yet to hear anything back from GenRight.. basically I'm just a fart in the wind to GenRight. My rig is my pride and joy and I am now sorry I did all this custom work when I would have been happy staying with a stretched Nth Degree Mobility setup on Dynatrac axles. I have been building Jeeps for over twenty years now and I have had companies disappoint me before but never to the level I am experiencing with GenRight. I am most frustrated with the fact that I am stuck with this setup given the amount of financial commitment I placed in doing the conversion. Going back to what I had will cost me more in labor/parts and I am currently focused on my 6.2 LS3 conversion. In time I may remove the GenRight junk.

My main frustration with GenRight lies in the fact they don't offer solutions to the issues that work nor do they back their products/designs (at least in my case). A reputable well known shop in the greater Los Angeles area did the work and I am confident in their work for the most part. While I had my concerns with that shop over some other issues their work, for the most part, has held up well over the last 20 months. I only say "for the most part" because I am not happy with the way they installed the PSC ram. I don't mind sharing the shop in a PM but don't care to associate that business with this negative post toward GenRight.

Again, I want to mention I am reluctantly posting about my experience with GR but at this point I have been treated like a chump so I feel I should put out a warning that you too may be treated like a chump. I don't really care to hear from any pussy whipped GenRight supporters however if anyone has suggestions or advice on how to move forward I am all ears. Thanks for taking note guys.

Photo of the rig so you know it's not a phantom post.

Here she sits with my 05 LJ Rubicon Sahara, that rig will never sport a single GenRight part and I will avoid Currie if I can. I have never been a fan of Currie and can't believe I let GR talk me out of Dynatrac axles to go with Currie.

See less See more
#2 ·
Post pics of the front axle set up so we have an idea of whats going on. Have you tried contacting Currie about the leaking axles? They probably will say "too fucking bad" about the front axle since your post makes it sound like part of the link set up is welded to the front diff cover, but they may be able to help you with the rear. Also look for a direct phone number for one of the big wigs at Genright, fuck trying to go through the monkeys to talk to some one with some clout.

#4 ·
I have actually spoken with Currie. I did not discuss the front axle issue with Currie because it is my belief the GenRight bracket on the diff cover is the issue. As for the rear axle seal leak they didn't offer up any help and basically let me know I'm on my own. This is the very reason I wanted to go with Dynatrac in the first place. Currie doesn't deal with the public direct, they utilize their vendors as an intermediary/3rd party stop for quality issues.

As for GenRight I have asked to speak with upper management and Tony himself but that is like asking to speak wit the President of the United States around that joint. At this point the lower staff is sort of keeping me away from their superiors.. I will leave that up to you all to figure out but it's my guess they don't want their bosses hearing from an unsatisfied customer due to their inability to solve problems.

Below is a photo of the first leak. I have attempted to fix the issue three times now. I now have gear oil all over my new components throughout the undercarriage.

That's a huge grip for, 2 axle leaks? Is that what your issue is?
Why not post up here some of your issues and see if Pirate can help?
While mounting a link arm to a diff cover is not the best idea, it does work.
Yes, I am finding that out the hard way. This leads back to my point to not take advice from GenRight employees. If anyone has a known cure for a diff leak that is associated with movement in the control arm mount tied into a diff cover let me know. I have done everything to spec according to Currie and GenRight.

#3 ·
Why not post up here some of your issues and see if Pirate can help?
While mounting a link arm to a diff cover is not the best idea, it does work.

#6 ·
Awe.. took me a second read to figure out you meant gripe. Well let me say if it were as simple as a couple leaks that were an easy fix I would not bother to share my experience. The rear leak is likely an easy fix but the way GR and Currie handled my complaint is more or less the real gripe. As for the front that is far more complicated and it's an engineering design flaw. I am also very pissed I have thousands of dollars worth of new parts covered in gear oil. I am also experiencing quick deterioration of parts with less than 3 K miles on the parts to date. I would say the gripe is warranted given the lack of concern on GR's end.. bet they wouldn't like it if I came in their shop and took a shit all over their tools and equipment and then told them sorry that my butt plug design weeps.

#5 ·
I should also note the rig is going to Jeep Speed Shop next week and hopefully Todd can assist with a solution/fix for my PSC ram assist failure. The rear axle seal leak, I am hoping, will be a straight forward repair. The front diff is proving to be a PITA to figure out a fix but Todd has quite a bit of experience so hopefully we can find a cheap/affordable solution. I love spending thousand of dollars on components only to have them covered in gear oil.

#7 · (Edited)
What's you desired outcome?
I understand you spent a lot of money with them, but while your first post quoted "started to experience problems with multiple parts they sold me" it sounds like you are only dealing with 2 axle leaks.

Selling custom axles is a pain. As the customer, your option would be to replace it yourself, or crate up the axles and ship them back. A company can't replace that part for you.

I'm sure this time of year you will have a hard time reaching Tony as he's busy with King of the Hammers, but if anything try facebook.

Axle seals always seem to have a 90% success rate, sometimes they just leak.
For the front axle, it's really hard to tell from the pictures, but i'd check just how flat that diff cover is.

#11 ·
What's you desired outcome?
I understand you spent a lot of money with them, but while your first post quoted "started to experience problems with multiple parts they sold me" it sounds like you are only dealing with 2 axle leaks.

Selling custom axles is a pain. As the customer, your option would be to replace it yourself, or crate up the axles and ship them back. A company can't replace that part for you.

I'm sure this time of year you will have a hard time reaching Tony as he's busy with King of the Hammers, but if anything try facebook.

Axle seals always seem to have a 90% success rate, sometimes they just leak.
For the front axle, it's really hard to tell from the pictures, but I'd try a aftermarket diff cover, those are flatter and thicker so they do seal better. Talk to Genright and I'm sure they will make you a heck of a deal on one because of your issues.

I don't care to crate up and send anything back nor am I looking for anyone to replace the axles over some leaks/issues. The point of the post is simply to put my experience out there for others to consider when doing business. My experience with GenRight has been subpar and through the encouragement of others I have decided to share the experience. The problems go beyond the leaks and given I only have a few miles on the build thus far I am waiting to see what else actually goes as far as to fail. I will admit that I made the huge mistake of taking advice from GenRight.

As for an acceptable outcome I would like to have the rear leak fixed and the bill sent to and paid for by GenRight, it's the least they could do and would be a minimal expense for them (would be more the gesture than anything on their part). As for the front mount which is the problem not the leak (the leak has caused a mess all over components under the rig all the way back to the GenRight fuel tank), it would be nice if they would give me some sort of refund for the mount and offer up assist with a solution on how to mount that front upper arm. Keep in mind the rig only has about 2,500 to 3,000 miles on the build and I am already experiencing maintenance issues. Note I have gone over the front three times now and each time I refill the diff it breaks loose after a matter of days and releases oil under the rig again. This is frustrating because it costs me time, money on fluids and most importantly a mess all over the components. It's a cycling issue, does one really want to refill only to have it happen again? It's going to the shop next week so we will be exploring new solutions. I'll get it figured out and share my solution. Thanks for reading and taking the time to make suggestions.

Can you post pics of the bracket coming off the diff cover? Guess I've never heard of such a thing.
This was when everything was nice and oil free. Best pic I have at the moment.

Mount for sale on GenRight's site.

Upper Control Arm Mount, Currie Rock Jock 60 | GenRight Jeep Parts

wow. What a whiny bitch.
Looking to get a rise out of someone, lol. If you don't like to listen to whiny bitches stay out of the Bad Sellers/Disputes section. I can help you tho.. come on up to Tahoe and I'll show you how whiney bitches take out their frustrations. :flipoff2:

#15 ·
I will look into that. Likely going to have to switch over to a truss or something. I do like the design but the fact it doesn't work as advertised has me considering other options.

Is that a stock style Dana 60 stamped steel cover or something beefy and aftermarket?
It's a heavy duty beefy one that GenRight sells for this specific application.

#16 ·
A reputable well known shop in the greater Los Angeles area did the work and I am confident in their work for the most part. While I had my concerns with that shop over some other issues their work, for the most part, has held up well over the last 20 months. I only say "for the most part" because I am not happy with the way they installed the PSC ram. I don't mind sharing the shop in a PM but don't care to associate that business with this negative post toward GenRight.
There are a lot of questions left unanswered

So who did the install?

You personally bought the parts directly from GenRight then had another shop install them?

Was the link mount welded to the diff cover by GenRight, the shop that installed it or someone else?

The diff cover leaks on the front. What is leaking on the rear? Diff cover, axle seal, pinion seal?

I am super curious what "tricks" you have been told to seal it up. It sounds like you have tried to do it yourself with no success. Can you describe what you have done step by step?

Your chances of speaking to anyone "in charge" of any major offroad company from December to March is pretty slim. They are all in the KOH thrash.

#18 ·
I have the same setup as homeboy. He is leaving out a few important facts. The upper control arm is attached by 4 bolts that are threaded into the topside of the diff casting. This takes the vast majority of the force from the upper control arm. The weld to the diff cover is just insurance. I've run this setup longer and 10x harder than that trailer queen you are running. I'm sorry, but your inability to fix a diff leak is super weak.

#19 ·
Just curious, why not have Genright install their parts for your build? They are only a 2hr drive from Los Angeles. If someone else welding a control arm bracket on your diff cover is the issue, it could be the welder who did it?!

To change the design, you could simply add the weld-on Currie axle bridge and weld the link mount to that instead of the diff cover if that is the issue. Then your diff cover would not have anything that would move it. Correct?

#21 · (Edited)
You sound like a whiny pos. No wonder you cant get any help. You have a wheeler that is going to require constant attention and maintenance the whole time you own it. If that's not for you then maybe you should look into a stock honda civic.

Your ability to not spend a few hourss to solve the problem attests to my previous comment.

Have you went into the newbie section and asked how to get it to seal? I'll bet if you pull it apart, clean everything really good, use toyota or right stuff gasket maker, and re install the bolts with locktite or lock washers you dont have any problems. If they still work loose tack weld a few random bolts. Problem solved.

#22 ·
You sound like a whiny pos. No wonder you cant get any help. You have a wheeler that is going to require constant attention and maintenance the whole time you own it. If that's not for you then maybe you should look into a stock honda civic.

Your ability to not spend a few hourss to solve the problem attests to my previous comment.

What He said :smokin:

something is not tight enough and/or flat enough.......maybe your skirt:flipoff2:

Toughest sealant I have used is stuff made by Yamaha called Yamma bond B6
crazy good

looking at the hydro assist, the angle the ram is mounted is going to screw you.

I personally think the self lubricating chassis is an underated option on Jeeps,
Makes for good rust proofing and ease of disassembly

Beside, my girl loves the smell of gear oil on hot exhaust....she cant keep her panties on:laughing:

#23 ·
What you are expecting is them to potentially take ownership and accept a problem that very well could be caused by an install as the their own.

A jeep, more so a wheeled custom jeep is a maintenance whore and a challenge to keep in top shape.

The design..is on other rigs and proven

The execution and installation..done 3rd party and proven to have issues is done on your end and by your shop..I would start there and stop asking Genright to pay to have your undercarriage detailed and decreased.

You chose the axles

You chose Genright

You chose the shop that installed them that you are providing protection too, likely because they would drop you as a customer. I am guessing you are a challenging customer.

Who welded the diff cover? While it is a thicker cover, I cant say it would be my choice what so ever even before welding to it if I planned on it seeing rocks.

If your shop of choice welded that cover, you seriously may be a huge asshole pointing the finger in the wrong direction.

Figure that cover out first.:flipoff2: Take it off and have a machinist verify its not a warped pile of poo...then ask someone else to seal it.

Good luck.

#40 ·
What you are expecting is them to potentially take ownership and accept a problem that very well could be caused by an install as the their own.

A jeep, more so a wheeled custom jeep is a maintenance whore and a challenge to keep in top shape.

The design..is on other rigs and proven

The execution and installation..done 3rd party and proven to have issues is done on your end and by your shop..I would start there and stop asking Genright to pay to have your undercarriage detailed and decreased.

You chose the axles

You chose Genright

You chose the shop that installed them that you are providing protection too, likely because they would drop you as a customer. I am guessing you are a challenging customer.

Who welded the diff cover? While it is a thicker cover, I cant say it would be my choice what so ever even before welding to it if I planned on it seeing rocks.

If your shop of choice welded that cover, you seriously may be a huge asshole pointing the finger in the wrong direction.

Figure that cover out first.:flipoff2: Take it off and have a machinist verify its not a warped pile of poo...then ask someone else to seal it.

Good luck.
Everything in this post is noted however it sounds like you should go on a campaign for GR. You don't think I know that this rig is a maintenance queen? FU. I attempted to take ownership by fixing this myself and taking it to shops to repair only to start getting feedback that the design is not only flawed but a bad idea. After the fact I get it now and certainly have my eyes a bit more open for future decisions. You would do well in politics sucking your favorite candidate's ball sack. Yup, took some advice to watch them later change tune and then open up more about 'problems' one could occur like leaking.

As for the design being on other rigs and proven it only came to light after the install that Andrew shared with me that these covers can weep (doesn't sound too proven to me nor an isolated issue, more like a design that should be scrapped). Also let's be clear on the point that I in no way offer protection for the shop that originally did the work just don't care to go there in this thread. Given the issues of their work I would never consider using them again, nor have I contacted them, not once, about the issues I am having because I don't hold them responsible for the design. I started this complaint given lack of customer support on GenRights end. This could have easily been avoided with some reasonable customer support. I am fairly certain the cover is not warped but I might check into that given the suggestion. If that turns out to be the case I will certainly note it in this thread and GR will come out smelling pretty good if it is indeed due to shitty work on the installing shops end. The parts come ready to put into position then you weld. Welds look good and the issue is coming from the bottom of the diff cover which leads one to believe it's pulling back from the top of the cover and opening the bottom slightly. I have everything torqued to GenRight's specs, checked and double checked on multiple occasions.

I have the same setup as homeboy. He is leaving out a few important facts. The upper control arm is attached by 4 bolts that are threaded into the topside of the diff casting. This takes the vast majority of the force from the upper control arm. The weld to the diff cover is just insurance. I've run this setup longer and 10x harder than that trailer queen you are running. I'm sorry, but your inability to fix a diff leak is super weak.
Google click and anyone can see the design. Indeed the CA bracket is welded to the diff cover and also bolted to the top of the RJ diff. I haven't even had the opportunity to run the 'Queen' yet so save your bs for the toilet. Love braggers, it's my understanding most are closet suckers. For the record it's not just my inability to stop the leak but others have had their stab and some don't care to even attempt a fix because they see the flaws of the design. I'm glad you've had better luck. Since the issue began even said GR employee has fessed up that they leak. Nuff said.. oh I guess not. I will concede that I should have been more skeptical on the design however the four bolts you hold your comments to are failing to do their job and the 'insurance' of the weld is actually, most likely, causing the diff fluid to come out the bottom. So far RTV, Permatex and a Lube Locker gasket have failed to fix the issue. All via separate attempts to correct/fix the issue. I will have to look into the black Right Stuff that was mentioned and/or Yamaha B6. I only attempted the Lube Locker to discredit my concern that the sealant wasn't setting without a break somewhere between the diff cover and the housing.

Have you went into the newbie section and asked how to get it to seal? I'll bet if you pull it apart, clean everything really good, use toyota or right stuff gasket maker, and re install the bolts with locktite or lock washers you dont have any problems. If they still work loose tack weld a few random bolts. Problem solved.
I've had help, advanced advice and have come to the conclusion that the design is flawed. I'll get it figured out with some perseverance. If you can't handle the truth and are too stupid to follow my concerns then there's nothing to help that bitch attitude you protrude in your comments. Again, the complaint/dispute here is GR's lack of customer support. 'Hey let me put in a comment in this guys thread and completely ignore the facts like he does have time spent trying to figure out the issues and just kick him more in the rib cage while he's trying to get up.' For the record I drive an e46 as another trailer queen, sounds like the Civic is your dream car. As Jesse would suggest.. get those parts overnighted straight from Japan bitch :flipoff2:.

Yes it's been pulled apart cleaned on at least three occasions and reinstalled with a different fix/solutions all to offer the same results.. a leak after a few hundred miles. Welding bolts will be last attempt after I let GenRight give it a stab (if it even comes to that). Again I know what I got and what I have built and don't have any problem keepn up with maintenance. That stink dkbrth is even making it's way off your post, called toothpaste and mouthwash you should consider using it when you step out of the closet. I like my shit working right so sorry I've posted my legit concerns for others to filter.

What He said :smokin:

something is not tight enough and/or flat enough.......maybe your skirt:flipoff2:

Toughest sealant I have used is stuff made by Yamaha called Yamma bond B6
crazy good

looking at the hydro assist, the angle the ram is mounted is going to screw you.

I personally think the self lubricating chassis is an underated option on Jeeps,
Makes for good rust proofing and ease of disassembly

Beside, my girl loves the smell of gear oil on hot exhaust....she cant keep her panties on:laughing:

I can appreciate the substance in this post even tho you can't appreciate the skirt I have on. Yeah I am aware of the ram design install flaws, was not my idea and the number one reason I will never use the shop that did the install again. In fact I think it ruined the ram in just a couple thousand road miles. Hoping the ram is not destroyed, I'll know pretty soon and may get into that later in this thread once I know for sure. That issue is being corrected at this very moment. Yamaha bond,,, hmm.

:grinpimp:

#24 ·
wait.

you have an axle seal leak and a leaking front dif cover on currie axles and you posted a bad sellers thread about Genright? LOL.

I'm honestly baffled that someone would spend 40K on a build and come one the internet to whine about oil leaks. fucking wrangler people.

on to your issues, Replace the axle seal in the rear and quit bitching. I'll give you that Genright owes you a seal and the labor to fix it since you bought the axles assembled through them.

as far as the front goes, a lot of people have that setup without leaks. that leak issue is your installers problem. they managed to fuck up the cover somehow. have them weld you a new cover bolted to a welding table or to a housing so it doesn't warp.

If it were mine, I'd countersink the cover and run Conical washers with Grade8 bolts to lock the cover in place. same way I do all my difs. also,you should use a lube-locker gasket instead of a gasket maker "just in case" the cover shifts, it shouldn't cause a leak once you tighten the bolts back down.

Currie is Smart. they don't deal with the public so they don't have to deal with the complaints.
However, I have called them multiple times with questions about products and have had nothing but great service. I have had them sell me parts direct before, but they generally want me to go though a vendor.

#41 ·
Honestly the rear axle seal leak is not that big a deal and doesn't bother me.. that is an easy fix. PITA, yes but not something I would ever post up about unless I am finding poor support from the shop/seller. In my case I am exposing a bad design by GenRight (not a Currie diff cover) and further letting other's know that I have had to deal with a company that doesn't support their customers. fucking brainless dirty dicks that like to complain about Wrangler owners. It's a bit more complicated than a simple oil leak that is fixable and certainly has more to do with lack of support.

on to your suggestions, noted and appreciated. For the record I have a Lube Locker on there now that I attempted in my final fix and GR is suggesting I remove it.

Where's the michael Jackson popcorn meme when you need one? This guy is about to learn first hand why you don't come to Pirate4x4 and whine like a bitch over 2 leaking axle seals lol... Bro, if you cant remedy that problem yourself, how about packing that rig up on a trailer and sell it to someone who knows how to do it.. You're clearly WAAAAYYY over your head in shit you have no clue about.. These fly by night offroaders are mesmerizing... I'm going to quote the guy from Fast and the Furious: "Just because you think you can box, doesn't mean you can just step in the ring with Ali."
I liked your comment here so much that I decided to not let this thread go after all this time.

FIFY:flipoff2:
Look at this little punk.. can't leave him out.. the one that likes to make up a quote. Bet you're the guy that likes to watch a fight then stomp on the person that is down's head. :flipoff2: OMG dude. lmao.

#25 · (Edited)
Where's the michael Jackson popcorn meme when you need one? This guy is about to learn first hand why you don't come to Pirate4x4 and whine like a bitch over 2 leaking axle seals lol... Bro, if you cant remedy that problem yourself, how about packing that rig up on a trailer and sell it to someone who knows how to do it.. You're clearly WAAAAYYY over your head in shit you have no clue about.. These fly by night offroaders are mesmerizing... I'm going to quote the guy from Fast and the Furious: "Just because you think you can box, doesn't mean you can just step in the ring with Ali."

#27 ·
I just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents. I personally know Andrew and Tony at Genright and while the design for attaching the link to the diff cover might not be the greatest you should of done your research in the first place. its hard to trouble shoot something that they didn't install or cant look at. its just a link mount, get a truss for a couple hundred and replace the mount. Now onto the next point that everyone has left out till now. I wish you luck with Jeep Speed Shop. if you have your jeep back before Christmas I will be amazed and good luck getting that LS to pass smog. looks like the jeep will be a full time trailer queen after all so you can remove those plastic fenders and get some real scratches on her.

#37 ·
I just wanted to chime in with my 2 cents. I personally know Andrew and Tony at Genright and while the design for attaching the link to the diff cover might not be the greatest you should of done your research in the first place. its hard to trouble shoot something that they didn't install or cant look at. its just a link mount, get a truss for a couple hundred and replace the mount.
Point well taken.

Now onto the next point that everyone has left out till now. I wish you luck with Jeep Speed Shop. if you have your jeep back before Christmas I will be amazed and good luck getting that LS to pass smog. looks like the jeep will be a full time trailer queen after all so you can remove those plastic fenders and get some real scratches on her.

Luckily I don't have to smog the rig, this rig will be driven on road and off. Good thing because I do believe CA has really cracked down on the LS swaps since I started the project a couple years ago. Maybe quite the mess for some.

The rig will certainly be driven off road however no doubt I don't have plans to tear it up. If that were the point I would be building something more in line for that style of wheeling. I just don't get that shit but certainly if I were into racing or just trying to brag about how low gravity has pulled my ball sack down I would have a buggy of sort.

#30 ·
The problem is for 40k they obviously used 100 dollar bills for the seals and for a diff cover gasket. 100 dollar bills don't seal too good.

if the diff cover is flat try locktite 518 gasket eliminator.
that is better than any yamabond or other gasket "maker"

Trust me i rebuilt a briggs and stratton 5 hp years ago and it almost started when i was done!

#33 · (Edited)
Fucking Pirate. I haven't even bothered to get back to this thread but I'm sure if I read all the comments above it would be good for a laugh, I did catch a few lines that gave me a smile.

Perhaps it would have been best to have let GR do the install vs. the shop that did the work, at this point I'll forfeit that. Too late now and honestly with the service I received after purchasing the parts I'm glad GR didn't do the work. Problems persisting to this day are a bit more than a simple axle seal leak and a diff cover leak. After all this time I am hoping to just move forward and repair the faults/issues of the design. To this day the rig has less than 2,500 miles on the setup but that will soon change.

Rig has been down at JSS for the past two years. The mess will get fixed before it comes back. I haven't bothered to read all the comments on this tread because I could care less to see what folk, who are incapable of wiping all the shit off their own ass, have to say however there is no doubt GenRight has been a joke to deal with which has been my experience. Regarding the front diff, the seal leak will hopefully get figured out and if not I will change the setup completely. I have reputable shops that have looked and attempted fixes and it's like anything else.. they will laugh at other shops work or say "well that was done wrong, I would have done it differently", all of which have commented on the GR design being flawed or at least open to vulnerabilities (wasn't my original theory). I don't care to bring those shops into the conversation here but I'm sure many on Pirate know the shops and most would probably find them reputable for the most part. I am mostly pissed at the rudeness of GR and the careless attitude after spending quite a bit of coin with them. In no way was I a pita customer.. but yes, aggravated by the lack of support. You would think there is a pretty straight forward fix to the front diff issue but that has not been the case which further supports other's theories that the GR design is flawed. I hope it works out because I like the setup the way it is if it will stop puking. I am well aware of the design and why, in hindsight, it is likely a flawed design. To date the front diff fix has been attempted by two local shops, by me in my own garage (using specs directly from GR) and now is in the hands of JSS down in Cotati, CA (if any of the jackass commenters here care to go take a look and use your Einstein expertise to tell me where things went wrong). The most frustrating aspect has been the diff leak puking all under the rig over pretty much all components from the front diff back.

Waiting to get the rig back with a new LS3 engine/6L80 and Atlas 3.8. Then start the 5.7 Hemi w/545rfe swap in my 05 LJ so that one day my son and I can enjoy the backwoods together. To each our own how we use and enjoy our rigs. I work four jobs, own a boat rental business and occasionally, at this point, get the opportunity to work on my own shit (but usually I'm having to work on my boats not my Jeeps) so outsourcing is no doubt necessary for me (which is good for those that are in the 4WD industry/business). We all offer different skills in life but I guess not being a self proclaimed 'Pro' fabricator with my own youtube channel means I shouldn't post on Pirate to offer up transparency regarding a business and their customer service abilities. Well noted, thanks. :mr-t:

*edit:: I'm going to read back through this thread and post up as some seem legitimately interested to know more/have more detail. I will keep the fix in the update as I am nearing the end of the engine swap. I will get back to everyone who has commented individually over the next day or so which is going to be time consuming.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.