Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - CutlerFab Shop Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 05:41 AM   #18 (permalink)
mcutler1
Rock God

Member # 167368
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTi54N View Post
why don't you fiberglass some sections... like in those last few pics.. just lay your fiberglassing material, right over the top?

however I REALLY LIKE your welding.. it looks better than mine..
I've never done glass before. But I don't think I would want it on the floor.

Bought the tools to do solid riveting... so there may be some of that in this floor's future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShmUDE View Post
what welding positioner is that? I like the sawhorse as well, slick.

Certiflat, weldtables.com

It's pretty neat, about $300, purchased the 3 and 4 jaw chucks from grizzly tools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhorse View Post
Seems like everyone has a magnetic brake but me. (drooling)

Sub'd
Just got it last Friday, second hand, lightly used.

Chatted with @adeuling about them. I was holding out for a hydraulic press brake, but I feel this ove will be valuable as well. Press brake soon though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt1guy View Post
Saying your workmanship is simply awesome, is an understatement. I really enjoy seeing what can be done with metal.

What material are you using for your templates in the last few pics? It looks thickish and I assume it can't just be paper.
I buy it at arts and crafts stores, (hobby lobby, Michaels), about 3 bucks a sheet. It's back in the picture framing department with the matte paper. It's about the same thickness as 063 alum. And drill carefully, the clecos will hold it repeatedly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDA 455 View Post
Awesome welds indeed!
Thank you! Always the student and still learning.

Matt

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last buggy Build thread;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

LS2, th350, atlas 3.0, spidertrax 9's, 39's.
mcutler1 is offline   Reply With Quote