Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - Some kind of wannabe sxs build (side by sidekick?)
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2019, 08:17 PM   #33 (permalink)
2big bronco
Pirate4x4 Addict!

Member # 66684
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaAtieToo View Post
Hard to find spare time for this project, but I was able to pull the blown 5spd out. Got the torque converter spacer/adapter tacked to the 2.0 flex plate. I'm happy trail tough makes this piece, however, some instructions would have been nice. I did figure it out though.

I'm thinking about doing the "hegan mod" to the front end. You basically redrill the rear a arm mounts. Which moves the tire out and forward while gaining a little caster and negative camber. Just need to track down an extra driver side cv axle and 2 more diff intermediate shafts or make a small cv spacer.

I have already beaten on the cheapo amazon cv shafts and they seem pretty solid.....But if doing the hagen mod anyways buy the hub spacers and run some junkyard toyota CVS. Then when you have time take a sami rear to build a steel front housing and use the sami third with the tracker gears. This opens up all kinds of locker/spool options and you have a locked ifs setup that shouldn't break with 32s for little money.
2big bronco is offline   Reply With Quote