Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - Some kind of wannabe sxs build (side by sidekick?)
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2019, 08:35 AM   #81 (permalink)
YotaAtieToo

Member # 25632
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy1925 View Post
sadly they have been spoken for already along with my front diff. dont forget the custom bushings .

You can always do the frame chop. that lets you gain lift you want as well as firewall clearance. how i did mine. keeps CV angles nice, lots of tire clearance, and gains lift. you will have to redo engine mounts (easy as the brackets unbolt from the frame, just weld them where you want them after moving the frame), steering (they use a jacked up retarded 2 joint setup. i clearanced mine for more angle and moved one way up the steering shaft), radiator mount (just cut and reweld), brake lines, and front driveshaft.

otherwise you can see if Alter Ego will sell you just the front arms for a GV. they move the tire forward 1.5" iirc
No worries, I figured, it was worth a shot though

I'm not afraid of custom fab like you did, my 4runner has custom built frame sections at both ends. It's just not the what I had in mind for this thing.

Altered ego will sell me the arms, for around $600.

I may just tackle the modded diff mounts like you did, it doesn't look that bad. I don't want to be popping the Honda civic cv shafts every time out.
YotaAtieToo is offline   Reply With Quote