Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - Budget friendly portals for ifs build
View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 05:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
65Chevy4x4

Member # 37016
Budget friendly portals for ifs build

I have been researching lots of different portals out there. I am looking to build a Toyota ifs long travel kit with portals to achieve the ground clearance needed that ifs usually is lacking. I have seen hummer portals and could machine a backing plate to make my own upright. Similar to what Jesse Haines did on his rear axle on roxor. Now the problem with those are 2 gears reversing rotation which opens up whole new issue with diff.

Now I see the lasernut buggy has some 74weld mog 404 portals. Very nice but pricey and overkill imo for this project.

There are also portals for UTVs out there but issues I've found with them is running 37inch tires and heavier vehicles along with UTV wheel bolt patterns.

Now I'm here asking for some other options or ideas from you guys on what's out there. I am hopefully able to get a pair of portals for under 1500 or so then get the backing plates machined from there.

So what do you guys suggest I look into? Or options for the items above to address issues i have found in the mog and hummer portals.
65Chevy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote