More progress this weekend, unfortunately not as much as I'd hoped.
Something came up midday Saturday, so I started on something less dirty. The dash support was in but quite flimsy. I took some pallet strap material and cut/drilled it for rivets - added a lot of support back that had been lost due to me... erm... cutting the motherfucker in half
I did this in 4 or 5 locations that needed support.
I spent the afternoon working on the frame supports. This took a bit longer than I expected due to various brackets and such being in the way (parking brake cable support, leaf spring hangers), so the frame plates needed modification.
I wanted to use the frame plates to help spread the load of the cage out on the frame in a rollover. Since I'm isolating my cage from the frame with bushings, I'm simply welding the bushing brackets to the frame. These are homebrew - cut on the waterjet at work. They're centered on the frame to minimize the movement during frame deflection (when coming down hard on the rock sliders, etc.).
Around 11, I packed the truck up and backed it in the garage. Not tired yet, I added the sound deadening to the floor of the truck since it's a quiet activity I could do without waking the neighbors.
Yesterday, I was able to sneak in a few more hours after my fiancee's bridal shower, so I knocked out the two for the back wall of the cage, which is a little bit different due to the fact that the pinch plates are different. I'll get pictures later.
2001 Z71 Silverado, Ext. Cab, 5.3L V8 -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Shortened 17" w/Bed, AAM 14B FF / Grizzly, Dana 60 HP / Chromos, Anti-Wrap Bar
4L80e, EcoBox/205 Doubler, 40" Mickey's, Rock Sliders, Hidden Winch, Hydro Assist