Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - Bending 7075 links in tube bender
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 10:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
gtxracer
NERD

Member # 25303
Bending 7075 links in tube bender

Yes, its been done but I cant remember who did it

Looking for feedback on this and how it worked out for the bender. Any bent pins or failures? I can make new pins but making new arms would be a pain. I only need 10-15 degrees so I can clear the frame on my TJ. I could probably triangulate the lower links but Id have to redo the entire mounts and I like my geometry at the moment.

Looking to do 2 7075 lowers and uppers. Currently run 2x.250 wall Heretic fab lowers and 1.75x.120 uppers with JJs. I know of one 4500 car that runs these but they bought the car with them installed. I asked WOD to make the links and bend them but theyre scared to do the bends. I might ask again if they can bump up to 2.25 or larger and feel comfortable doing it. Anyone want to try some 2.25 or 2.5 diameter 7075 bends for me?

2013 Raptor SuperCrew Tow Rig
Porsche
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Fab Parts:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PNW Shock Tuning:
gtxracer is offline   Reply With Quote