Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - PRP Alpha Seat
Thread: PRP Alpha Seat
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 10:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
DriverJC
GIJEEPN

Member # 135100
Send a message via ICQ to DriverJC Send a message via Yahoo to DriverJC
Quote:
Originally Posted by giles45shop View Post
When I was at KOH this year I checked out the Alpha. I'm about the same size as you (5'11", 225, waist ~ 36-38) and the Alpha Extra Wide fit much better than the regular width Alpha. I don't have any first hand experience actually riding in them. I sat in the Podium as well. I don't remember whether it was a normal or extra wide version, and I think it felt okay, but I think the Alpha was going to be my first pick of PRP - although I have the same questions you do about whether it would actually fit in the Jeep.

I have also been looking at Sparco. My buddy has some in his 4600 class TJ, but I haven't gotten a chance to sit in them and I'm not sure which model. Being on the right coast, there isn't a lot of opportunities to check out how the different seats "fit" myself (1) or the Jeep (2). I do think I am trending towards a hard shell vs. suspension seat.

Will be interested to see what you end up with and how they fit. Definitely trying to avoid the "I bought these new seats and they don't fit" trap
I've sat in just about all the seats PRP makes and some of them just irk me, not uncomfortable per se but just didn't sit right (mainly the daily driver ones) lol.

After looking more into the measurements this morning I am mostly convinced that I could put two of the Comp Pro/Elites into a TJ and still be able to close the doors, but it would be tight and I would need to fab up mounts.

At this point I'm leaning toward the Alpha extra wide, with the Comp Pro extra wide/extra tall as close second.

I'm going down to PRP on Friday to see if they have an extra wide Alpha that I can sit in and maybe talk to the crew down there about putting one into a TJ.
Maybe I can set two of them side by side and see what space they take up. lol.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DriverJC is offline   Reply With Quote