Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - PRP Alpha Seat
Thread: PRP Alpha Seat
View Single Post
Old 05-01-2019, 08:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
DriverJC
GIJEEPN

Member # 135100
Send a message via ICQ to DriverJC Send a message via Yahoo to DriverJC
When I got home this evening I went out and did a whole crap load of measuring and this is what I found. This is with the stock half doors and using the measurements located on the PRP website.

Comp Pro/Elite (They are the same width measurements):
The 2" Extra Wide will not fit with the door closed and still be centered on the steering wheel, it will protrude into the space occupied by the door panel (If doors are removed the seat can be centered on the wheel and fit inside the tub). With doors closed this seat will be 1"-2.25" off center of the steering wheel to the inside of the cab (1" to clear the door panel, and 2.25" to clear the Door pocket). Since the shoulders are approximately 24" wide on this seat there could also be an issue with sliding the seat back as the B-Piller is 10" from the center of the steering wheel (seat will not slide back as far as a stock seat).

Podium Seat:
The 2" Extra Wide will not fit with the door closed and still be centered on the steering wheel, it will protrude into the space occupied by the door panel, the door pocket, and the shoulders will protrude 1/8" into the space occupied by door surrounds. To fit this seat into the tub it will need to be 1-2.25" off center of the steering wheel (1" to clear the door panel and 2.25" to clear the door pocket). Also, since the shoulders are 25.5" wide on this seat there might also be an issue with sliding the seat back as the B-Piller is 10" from the center of the steering wheel (seat will not slide back as far as a stock seat).

Alpha Seat:
As long as the measurements on the site are correct the 2" Extra Wide seat has the same issues as the Comp Pro/Elite however, it will only need to be .5" off center of the steering wheel to the inside of the tub in order to clear the door pocket.

Anyone here have tube doors installed on their early TJ that can get measurements across the cab with the doors closed?

I'm still planning on driving down to PRP on Friday to sit in seats and talk with their crew to see what they think will be best.

Joel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by DriverJC; 05-01-2019 at 08:23 PM.
DriverJC is offline   Reply With Quote