Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - AOCís dumbfounded by a...
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2019, 05:22 PM   #41 (permalink)
Landslide
Gravity Works!

Member # 25608
Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkyTJ View Post
I am a sewer plant manager and a previous design engineer.

I can assure there were jobs to be done prior to these monstrosities. "Flushable wipes" are the primary thing that has changed in the last 10 years and those large clogs like that are a huge problem for utilities.

What those things represent are workers comp claims from strained backs, gouges with needles, and other issues that the utility has to pay for and pass along on your water/sewer bill.

Garbage disposals allow people to send shit down the sink that should go into the trash. It causes a shit ton more grease to come down the pipe. Plumbers love them because it keeps them employed clearing out service lines.
Hard telling what people put down their garbage disposal but my bet is most all your clogging issues are from the nasty shit people flush down the toilet. Iím surprised grease makes it that far to you, I figured it would jamb up the tubes in the house that it started from before making it to you.

I got a tank and then into a lagoon, no public sewer system here. I do have and use a garbage disposal. Iíve had no plumbing issues in the 20 years Iíve been here but Iím also not sending stupid shit down my drains either other then the nasty stinky :Garyís: I flush down my toilet.