Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - PRP Alpha Seat
Thread: PRP Alpha Seat
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 07:32 AM   #19 (permalink)
DriverJC
GIJEEPN

Member # 135100
Send a message via ICQ to DriverJC Send a message via Yahoo to DriverJC
Got to sit in a PRP Alpha Extra Wide yesterday afternoon at the PRP Showroom. Man was that seat comfy.

Red is the standard width version and blue is the extra wide version.

In the photo's you can see that they have widened the hip area of the blue one slightly. When I sat in the standard width seat I felt cramped in the hip and thigh areas, however, when sitting in the extra wide one, everything is snug but totally comfortable. I know it's all in my head, but even the thigh area felt more comfortable.

They also had a standard width version with head containment and I was able to sit in that one as well. I really don't know how the racers have any peripheral vision with the head containment type seats. when I was sitting fully back against the seat the head containment intruded into my peripheral vision enough to partially block it. I would have to lean forward in order to see if someone was next to my door. I totally understand why racers need that type of containment, but it's not for me. lol. Not that I plan on racing anyway.

I also got some other information that one of the designers I was talking to let slip.

For those that have issues fitting the Alpha (it's 38" from base to top) in their cars, PRP is coming out with a version that is a couple inches shorter. They had a prototype of the Head Containment version in their showroom that they were working with, unfortunately, they didn't let me get a picture of the seat since it's still a prototype but they are calling it the "Beta" and from the looks of it they decreased the distance between the shoulder containment area and the head containment area. This change really makes the seat look squatter and wider, although it is the same width as the standard Alpha.

After sitting in the Extra Wide Alpha I'm leaning more heavily in getting that seat for the jeep.

Joel.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DriverJC is offline   Reply With Quote