Pirate 4x4 banner

Issues contacting Pitbull Tires and long lead times

9K views 28 replies 15 participants last post by  lulatacoma 
#1 ·
Has anyone else had problems getting in contact with Pitbull Tires? I ordered a set of PBRs on Easter when they ran a big sale. I messed up and gave them my home address instead of my commercial shipping spot since the tires will be on a pallet I assume. Ive emailed 3 times and called 3 times. I cant get a reply or a call back and I have not received my tires.

They ran another 60% off sale for memorial day so I am sure they are busy getting orders filled. I was just wondering if anyone else had this experience.

#2 ·
Can't answer about dealing with them, but when i've ordered tires from Tire Rack, they come individually with a shipping label taped to each one. Standard residential delivery. Can't see why that would be different from them, unless the individual tire weight exceeds the carrier maximum. How heavy are the tires each?

#3 ·
They have this on their web page. The tires are 41.5x13.50-17

"Items over 70 lbs or larger than 37"OD will most likely have to go via LTL (Truck). Thus, you must designate whether your address is a Residence or Commercial address because most LTLs will not deliver to Residences and even if they do, they charge a significant Residential Fee which we will pass on to you even if you incorrectly inputed a Residential address instead of a Commercial address."

https://pitbulltires.com/pages/shipping-handling

#5 ·
I ordered 41.5x17 rockers during the Easter sale as well, and I spoke to a representative on the 6th of May and they said that the 41.5 rockers were on back order until the 24th of May. They proceeded to have I believe 3 more sales following the Easter sale but didn’t have any information regarding the back orders. I called again for a status update on the 21st of May and they said the tires were on back order until 04June. I then proceeded to cancel my order because I was not fond of the inconsistency with information, taking full payment up front, all while they continued to run large sales without filling previous orders - seemed like horrible business practice in my opinion.

#6 ·
Yeah, they ran the Easter one at like 50% off, a week later they had 60% off and then another 60% off for Memorial day. At least I know whats up now. I figured that was the case. like you said, it sucks they made the sales without having products on hand. I'll give them some more time, I dont need the tires right now anyway. Hopefully they get them shipped on the 4th.

I'm going through similar problems with Behemoth Drivetrain right now also.

#8 ·
I bought mine during the big "Trump sale", you can find the big ass thread here about it.
The lead times were all super long, but any time I called I got an answer.

#9 · (Edited)
Ordered 42" Rockers about 3 months ago. Took 3 weeks as they were waiting on a reply from me on 44" I asked about. 44s were out of stock, so went back to 42s. Their Facebook page is ran by someone other than them, for them. That why you see so many of the poser rigs. So complaints there will get passed onto them.

#15 ·
Finally got a person on the phone at pitbull. The guy told me his next shipment of tires is scheduled to arrive on the 21st but he had no idea how many they would have or how many orders could be filled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#23 · (Edited)
Wow, really, Rockers suck now? :laughing:

I run the radial 37" Rockers and they hook up better than any tire I've run before (Interco Irok radials, BFG KM2s, Maxxis Bighorns, Michelin XMLs, old Goodyear M/TRs, Procomp Xterrains, and Dunlop Mud Rovers). I have been impressed, but I guess I mostly run on dry rocks here in the desert. They don't seem bad in the little bit of snow I have run them in. My only complaints are they are heavy (104Lbs each on aluminum wheels that only weigh 20Lbs by themselves :eek:) and they sound like an old bomber is constantly flying overhead above 45mph.

I ordered mine during the original 50% off Trump sale and it took 8 months to get them. Frankly, I am not impressed by the way Pitbull does business. I feel a bit like they pulled a bait and switch on me and many others who ordered during the Trump sale.
When I ordered them I got an invoice and confirmation, but then they refunded the cost to everyone and said they wouldn't charge until they ship since it could be a while and they probably were worried about fraud claims via credit card companies. When they finally got around to shipping my tires they jacked the price up around $200 dollars from my original invoice and said it was because they raised the prices of their tires in the 8 months I was waiting. They basically told me tough titties, take it or leave it. It was still a decent deal, so I agreed to it, but it left a sour taste in my mouth.
The kick in the nuts is that they honored the free shipping for some people but not others, and not everyone was forced to pay the price increase over their original invoice. I understand things happen, but they really should have been consistent with the way they dealt with these things.

To top it off, they play bullshit games with the prices of their tires ever since the Trump sale. All the prices have been jacked way up since before there stupid %off sales, so the only time they are reasonable is during these random sales.

I really like the tires, but I am not sure if I like them enough to deal with their shitty company the next time I am in the market.

EDIT: As to the OP, I only called Pitbull once or twice while I was waiting, and I never had a problem getting ahold of them. They also reached out to me on their own when necessary.

#25 ·
I ended up canceling the order. I was looking forward to the tires but after looking at it from a business stand point I think it’s really shitty to hang customers up on products for months at a time. They refunded me in full but the lady I spoke to on the phone was rather rude to me when I was asking about my tires and asking questions about the lead times. I noticed I can pick up a set of nittos a little cheaper and a set of those milestar patagonias for a lot cheaper so I will be going with one of those two. Thanks for all the input everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.