Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - useless things about your day you want others to know. gcc
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 07:03 PM   #3500 (permalink)
PROJECTJUNKIE

Member # 52361
Quote:
Originally Posted by Action Fab View Post
So many hacks. I'm on a Fummins group on Facebook. For every 1 truck posted that looks like it might be done right. There are 15 trucks that have major execution flaws and hack.
Yup, a former coworker bought a decent little ppump 5.9 bus from his previous employer, and had a bare bones v8 gas 2wd super duty he wanted swapped. He paid a shop, and gave them his good used Ford stuff to hack it all in there. When it was done, he had a bus intercooler, a non lockup, non od allison with 3.73s and little tires. I tried to get him to use a super duty cooling stack and a dodge tranny, but he was saving money

Mine were pretty utilitarian, but clean enough, and easy to service afterwards, but I had a buddy who built a 70s ford crew with the dodge core support, dash, hvac, entire wiring harness, everything, inside was like a factory new 96 dodge, underhood was like a cross between a show car and a restored truck that was never built. He didn't spend anymore money, just a shit load of time
PROJECTJUNKIE is offline   Reply With Quote