Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - 01 XJ Classic on Super Duty axles
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2019, 10:35 PM   #350 (permalink)
oober
Granite Guru

Member # 36289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig6.9diesel View Post
The Jeep did as awesome as always. Everything seemed to work well including the anti wrap bar. In a few situations it wanted to wheel hop a little but I think that was from the tire. I think I found a good tire pressure for these as well. It seemed to like 10 psi in the front and 8 in the rear.

BTW I’m going to have you if my professional fabricator buddy’s look at the slider to see if he has ideas to make it smoother and quieter operating. I made it a cheap as I could since it may not have worked.
Sweet build!

For your slider on the anti-wrap bar, try making some UHMW spacers instead of the rollers. It would be cheap and easy to try.

Here is a link to a set of leaf spring sliders I made using the UHMW and they were pretty quiet: https://www.diymetalfabrication.com/...pring-sliders/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

oober is offline   Reply With Quote