Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - Guido's 1965 Scout 80
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 07:54 PM   #299 (permalink)
guidolyons
Addicted to Gear Oil

Member # 56050
Quote:
Originally Posted by '71 800B View Post
Looks like a good time. How did the new tires perform?

I found that putting a box end on a ring gear bolt and rolling it up against the housing then using a big pry bar under the lowest bolt and the housing pops them right out.
Was going to try that, but ring gear bolts were 15/16"? 13/16"? Didn't have not a box end wrench that fit. I had a socket, but that wouldn't wedge in there properly to drive the carrier out.

Very happy with the Maxxis Razr, for such an aggressive tread, they are fairly quiet on-road and did very well off road. Threw 14oz of Airsoft BBs in when I mounted them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlehead View Post
Guido, I'm about to start on my 1966 Scout 800 build with HP D60's front & rear, but wondering how wide your axles are? I'd imaging full width (66-67") but narrowed up with the H2 wheels, but wanted to confirm.
Yep, full width, I did not narrow them. Front Chevy SRW D60 is ~69.5" wide WMS-WMS and the 14BFF is ~67" WMS-WMS in rear.
Originally Posted by General Dwight D. Eisenhower
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

For the best deal on 8 lug disc brakes click here-->

Last edited by guidolyons; 06-21-2019 at 07:59 PM.
guidolyons is offline   Reply With Quote