Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum - View Single Post - Propane prices 2019
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2019, 10:54 PM   #15 (permalink)
erictylers1

Member # 225201
It just gets two anode bags that generate 850 to 1300 MV to repel corrosion, and need to be tested every year. It’s no big deal, just recently dug up 3 that we’re 20 years old and look brand new, and got reburied elsewhere. Retail on an AG 1000 is $2k new. With digging and burying burying and sand and a permit $4k is a legit number.

Craigslist is your friend for this, and call the small independents for a used one, either AG or UG. The ROI is better on the Above, just dig a new trench and move it out of view.

QUOTE=billdacat;44506680]Newbe to this propane thingy... I would like a buried tank; what is a reasonable size? Local propane company gave me a crazy figure on a buried 1000 gal tank. (~4K installed). The ROI on that bitch wouldn't be realized until long after I am dead. I think the current leased tank is maybe 400 gallons.

Need some fact checking; soil conditions are very corrosive in my area and buried tanks need special precautions (propane guy speak). Something about "tank termites". I am not throwing down the BS flag right now but will investigate. :-)[/QUOTE]

Last edited by erictylers1; 07-02-2019 at 11:00 PM.
erictylers1 is offline   Reply With Quote